Re: [aprsisce] Move ME HERE

  • Robert Bruninga
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2013
      >   If you're zoomed too far out, Move ME HERE will also be
      disabled.

      This is where the original APRSdos implemented position ambiguity.  If you are zoomed out to where the area of the symbol is say a mile or more across, then a MOVE-ME mouse click will move the symbol but assign one mile ambiguity.  If the size of the symbol is on the order of 0.1 mile then the mouse click will automatically asign 0.1 mile ambiguity.  If you are zoomed in enough to where you can trust the mouse, then you can assign full precision.

      Bob, Wb4aPR

      On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      Even if you have no GPS connected, do you have Enables / GPS Enabled checked?  If so, APRSISCE/32 will wait forever for a GPS fix to show up and will not allow Move ME HERE.

      Also, you have to be zoomed in far enough to see good enough detail for the program to trust your right click as being accurate.  If you're zoomed too far out, Move ME HERE will also be disabled.

      On 9/8/2013 8:41 AM, Bob Burns W9BU wrote:

      If you right click on a point on the map, the last item in the right click menu is the lat/lon of that location. That item has a fly-out menu. One of the items in the fly-out menu is "Move ME HERE". That menu item is grayed out. Why? I'm trying to move "me" to a location on the map and I have no GPS connected.

      Thanks.

      Bob...