Re: [aprsisce] Moving Fixed Weather Stations [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8, 2013
      On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Dan Rimell <m0mst@...> wrote:

      > I have noticed this for a while and I hope Im not the only person who has noticed this.
      >
      > I have attached the jpeg screen shot showing 2 weather stations in Cheltenham that seem to be "moving" or to have "moved"
      >
      > Is this just me or is it something I am missing

      It's just you, and you are missing something! :)

      You're probably looking at the wind barbs that are showing wind
      direction and speed, and thinking they are a track laid down from
      movement.

      There's nothing in the wiki on that yet, but Lynn added that in a
      while ago and it has been discussed here previously. Search the
      archives for wind barbs.

      (Here's one of those instances when you need to know the term to search on!)