TEST

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 6, 2013

      Test post

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2013
        Copy that test.  Group is working, it's just been quiet.

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2013
          Test PASSED!

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 6, 2013

            Yahoo are changing over to the new NEO system and it is seriously messing things up. Lost messages the lot. It’s really messed up moderation of a with around 100 messages a day each of which is moderated

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 6, 2013

              First test I have passed in a long time, Studied for my Blood Test and failed thatL

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 6, 2013
                On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:56:45 +0100, you wrote:

                Hi Steve

                It has also messed up new subscriptions on another Yahoo group i am a
                member of as well. Basically refusing new subscribers without getting
                to a moderator to approve membership.

                Regards Dave GW8SZL

                >Yahoo are changing over to the new NEO system and it is seriously messing
                >things up. Lost messages the lot. It's really messed up moderation of a with
                >around 100 messages a day each of which is moderated
                >

                >Steve Daniels
                >
                >Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM
                >
                >Torbay Freecycle Owner

                >APRSISCE/32 Beta tester and WIKI editor http://aprsisce.wikidot.com
                >

                > _____

              • rv6amark
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 6, 2013
                  I have been forced to use neo format for about two weeks now.  It isn’t your decision on whether you switch or not.  Yahoo is switching a few thousand users each week

                  Other than messages being difficult to figure out when you are in the Group, I find that the inability to download the pictures is unacceptable.  You can still download files from the FILES section, but not pictures from the PICTURES section of the group.  They are trying to make Yahoo more like Flickr, but strangely, you can download pictures from Flickr.

                  I have registered my complaint with Yahoo, and they say they are awaiting feedback before they decide if they will implement picture download.  I will try to find the website where users can post problems and post it here.

                  We are unwilling alpha testers for Yahoo.

                  Mark
                  KE6BB

                  Sent from Windows Mail

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 7, 2013

                      Don’t hold your breath on that one, as far as I can tell they are ignoring complaints.

                      I own a Freecycle group and the new system breaks the firefox plugin we use, Thousands of people have asked if they will leave the APIs in place to no avail

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 7, 2013
                        Greg,

                        Neo format is the new format for Yahoo Groups.  If you only use e-mail to post and never visit the Group, it probably will not affect you.  If you use Yahoo Groups like some of us do, you will be shocked when they force you to change.  You don’t do anything to make the change, they “do it for you”...or maybe “do it to you” is more appropriate.  There has been a lot of discussion about “neo format” in some of the other groups I am in, most of it bad.

                        I am certainly not an expert on this, just passing on my experience from some of the other groups.

                        Mark
                        KE6BB

                        Sent from Windows Mail