Remove "old" Stations

  • Jess Hunter
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2013
      Playing around with APRSIS32 on a windows XP laptop and I noticed that once a station is no longer active the last reported position and icon still remain on the screen and the only way I have found thus far to remove it is to manually remove the station.

      Is there some sort of switch or parameter setting that someone could use to automatically remove "inactive" stations after a predetermined amount of time?

      Thanks & 73's

      Jess
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2013
        APRSISCE/32 does time out old stations based on a pair of configurable timers.  One applies to non-buddies and the other applies to Buddies so that you can keep them around longer (or shorter) if you prefer.  You can see the current settings of these parameters by double-clicking the vertical bar just to the right of the map.  You should get a dialog like (the bottom is filled with internal diagnostics):

        In this case, stations will time out at 120 minutes and will fade (increase transparency) between 30 and 120 minutes.  Buddies will never time out, the (0) is the buddy timer.  Remember, a buddy is any station that you have centered in any window AND any that are mentioned explicitly in a b/ filter.

        To change these settings, you need to edit the XML file (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:editing-xml-configuration) and change value of the following parameters (hopefuly the names are self-explanatory):

        <Stations.MinAge>30</Stations.MinAge>
        <Stations.MaxAge>120</Stations.MaxAge>
        <Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>0</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>

        PS. Remember to close the client BEFORE editing the XML or your changes will be lost.