File in use

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
      Hi Lynn,

      I noticed something that I am not sure is correct.

      I have a GPX of a hike I did recently. I have opened it as an overlay in
      APRSIS32.And, it is checked so it will display.

      I just tried to open it with another application and the file is not
      available because it is "in use".

      Once it is loaded, can the file be closed again for another application to
      use it?

      Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Fred N7FMH

      PS. Just bought a Garmin GPSMAP 62s and am working on building some custom
      maps for it.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
        I'll have to double-check that the file handle gets closed. It should,
        but maybe I missed it.

        You're loading it with Configure / Overlays / Add GPX File, right?

        PS. What other application are you using to open it? I've got one open
        now and it opens perfectly fine in Notepad and Google Earth even while
        displayed in APRSIS32.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
          The steps are correct! And there is a checkmark next to the file to boot.

          I am using MAPC2MAPC. I would guess it is a stricter than Notepad.

          Thanks!

          Best regards,
          Fred N7FMH

          I'll have to double-check that the file handle gets closed. It should,
          but maybe I missed it.

          You're loading it with Configure / Overlays / Add GPX File, right?

          PS. What other application are you using to open it? I've got one open
          now and it opens perfectly fine in Notepad and Google Earth even while
          displayed in APRSIS32.

          On 8/27/2013 11:00 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
          > Hi Lynn,
          >

          > I noticed something that I am not sure is correct.
          >
          > I have a GPX of a hike I did recently. I have opened it as an overlay in
          > APRSIS32.And, it is checked so it will display.
          >
          > I just tried to open it with another application and the file is not
          > available because it is "in use".
          >
          > Once it is loaded, can the file be closed again for another application to
          > use it?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >

          > Best regards,
          > Fred N7FMH
          >

          > PS. Just bought a Garmin GPSMAP 62s and am working on building some custom
          > maps for it.

        • Bob Harris

            I'll have to double-check that the file handle gets closed. It should,
            but maybe I missed it.

            You're loading it with Configure / Overlays / Add GPX File, right?

            PS. What other application are you using to open it? I've got one open
            now and it opens perfectly fine in Notepad and Google Earth even while
            displayed in APRSIS32.

            On 8/27/2013 11:00 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
            > Hi Lynn,
            >

            > I noticed something that I am not sure is correct.
            >
            > I have a GPX of a hike I did recently. I have opened it as an overlay in
            > APRSIS32.And, it is checked so it will display.
            >
            > I just tried to open it with another application and the file is not
            > available because it is "in use".
            >
            > Once it is loaded, can the file be closed again for another application to
            > use it?
            >
            > Thanks!
            >

            > Best regards,
            > Fred N7FMH
            >

            > PS. Just bought a Garmin GPSMAP 62s and am working on building some custom
            > maps for it.

            BobHarris (K9UDX)
            Longmeadow Bradford Torrey CD
            Bath, NH