GPSD

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2013

      For those that are not aware APRSISx supports GPSD. It’s a great piece of software that allows sharing of a GPS between multiple apps and PC’s and even across the internet.

      It also adds additional info to the GPS data, especially when it can determine the GPS device you are using, it will put the device into native mode, and correct any known issues.

      It is however really a linux/unix based software.

      My current setup links via Bluetooth and sadly GPSD seems not to be able to switch the GPS to native mode. So am just getting NMEA sentences

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

    • iw2ejh
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2013
        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Daniels" <steve@...> wrote:

        > My current setup links via Bluetooth and sadly GPSD seems not to be able to
        > switch the GPS to native mode. So am just getting NMEA sentences

        Most Bluetooth GPS have the RX line disconnected, then it do not allow receiving commands.
        You will find in Internet some documentation how to cable back the RX line to allow changing mode
        73 IW2EJH