APRSISDR (was: Having Troubles Gating Stations)

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 19 6:33 PM
      On 8/19/2013 8:12 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
      Also, is there rumors of an Android app?

      Yes, I'm working on porting APRSISCE/32 functionality to Android.  Join the APRSISMO Yahoo group at the following link:

      Discussion of that port is not welcome on this list at this time, but it was announced here just over 2 months ago.  Qualifications for testing the app were published then as:

      Don't get your hopes too high, but I'm looking for a few Android phone
      users that are all of the following:

      a) willing to reboot their phone (hopefully not required!)
      b) willing to try out some very new software (as in pretty dumb)
      c) patient with developers that are learning new things (me, specifically)
      d) knowledgeable in how to install an .apk that does NOT come from
      Google Play
      e) willing to give feedback and answer pointed questions
      f) not too anxious for actually usable software!

      All of this comes at my normal support pay scale of absolutely zero $$,
      but eventually, possibly, some notoriety and "early adopters" claims.

      Just join the APRSISDR Yahoo group and provide information as to who you
      are and what Android device(s) you have.

      And said app may or may look like the following (just don't ask why it's a screen shot from SW UK):

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ -Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32