Re: [aprsisce] Re: Having Troubles Gating Stations

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
      The port type to APRS Messenger must be TEXT which expects a new-line
      delimited, humanly readable (TNC2-formatted) which is what APRS
      Messenger sends on his connection (although it's been a while since I've
      run APRS Messenger). You will probably want Xmit Enabled to be
      unchecked on the APRS Messenger port, although you can also disable it
      in APRS Messenger itself.

      On 8/19/2013 12:57 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
      > I see what you are saying, I just don't want my station to beacon via the IS. I see that you fixed the problem because it seems to be gating the AX.25 from Soundmodem, but there seems to be a problem with APRSISCE reading the info from the APRS Messenger program. I will email you the log file to see what is up. It seems like APRSISCE is seeing the packet but saying that it is looking for this kind of packet but getting something else instead.

      >> If you don't Xmit to the APRS-IS, then the IGate can't send anything
      >> there. If you don't want to send specific packets that your station
      >> generates, uncheck the appropriate box (like Beacon, Bulletin/Obj,
      >> Messages (please keep this one checked!), and Telemetry (also good to
      >> keep checked)).
      >>
      >> But you need to have Xmit Enabled on the APRS-IS port for it to send
      >> ANYTHING, including the gated packets.

      >> On 8/15/2013 10:02 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
      >>> On APRS-IS, I have everything checked except Xmit Enable "I don't like to beacon via the IS, I only like to beacon via RF.
      >>> On my Soundmodem and APRS Messenger ports I have all checked except GPS/NMEA and it says RF Baud 1200 for both.
      >>>
      >>> My Igate for HF is K0GDI-15
      >>>
      >>> I'll email you my XML file right now.
      >>>
      >>> Thank you.
      >>>
      >>> Greg...

    • Greg d Isringhaus
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
        Great! That worked! Now I am gating APRS Messenger and AX.25 300 baud. Did you ever get it worked out to transmit beacons and such from APRSISCE to APRS Messenger? I saw something back from 2010 that you were going to work on it, but didn't see a follow up saying that something was added. Let me know. Also, is there rumors of an Android app?

        73 de K0GDI

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
          Yes, APRSISCE/32 can transmit through APRS Messenger right out via that
          TEXT port. Just enable Xmit on the port in APRSISCE/32 and check the
          magic box (I forget the label) in APRS Messenger to allow transmitting
          from that connection to there. It's just right of center on the bottom
          of the APRS Messenger screen.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
            On 8/19/2013 8:12 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
            Also, is there rumors of an Android app?

            Yes, I'm working on porting APRSISCE/32 functionality to Android.  Join the APRSISMO Yahoo group at the following link:

            Discussion of that port is not welcome on this list at this time, but it was announced here just over 2 months ago.  Qualifications for testing the app were published then as:

            Don't get your hopes too high, but I'm looking for a few Android phone
            users that are all of the following:

            a) willing to reboot their phone (hopefully not required!)
            b) willing to try out some very new software (as in pretty dumb)
            c) patient with developers that are learning new things (me, specifically)
            d) knowledgeable in how to install an .apk that does NOT come from
            Google Play
            e) willing to give feedback and answer pointed questions
            f) not too anxious for actually usable software!

            All of this comes at my normal support pay scale of absolutely zero $$,
            but eventually, possibly, some notoriety and "early adopters" claims.

            Just join the APRSISDR Yahoo group and provide information as to who you
            are and what Android device(s) you have.

            And said app may or may look like the following (just don't ask why it's a screen shot from SW UK):

            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ -Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32