Re: [aprsisce] Having Troubles Gating Stations

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 15 6:48 PM
      What all do you have checked in both the RF and APRS-IS ports?

      Do you have a valid APRS-IS passcode configured for your callsign?

      What callsign-ssid is your IGate so that I can do some additional remote
      checking?

      If you send a copy of your APRSIS32.XML configuration file to
      KJ4ERJ@... I can eye-ball it for what might be worng.

      On 8/15/2013 9:39 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
      > I am running two ports. One port for Soundmodem, port 8000, and APRS Messenger on port 8063. APRSISCE seems to pull the packet info ok as I can see those stations on my station list. I look at the port log and see the packets. But when I pull the IGate log it is blank. Nothing. Nada. Something is wrong or not configured right. Any ideas?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Greg...

    • Greg d Isringhaus
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 15 7:02 PM
        On APRS-IS, I have everything checked except Xmit Enable "I don't like to beacon via the IS, I only like to beacon via RF.
        On my Soundmodem and APRS Messenger ports I have all checked except GPS/NMEA and it says RF Baud 1200 for both.

        My Igate for HF is K0GDI-15

        I'll email you my XML file right now.

        Thank you.

        Greg...

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 16 2:57 AM
          If you don't Xmit to the APRS-IS, then the IGate can't send anything
          there. If you don't want to send specific packets that your station
          generates, uncheck the appropriate box (like Beacon, Bulletin/Obj,
          Messages (please keep this one checked!), and Telemetry (also good to
          keep checked)).

          But you need to have Xmit Enabled on the APRS-IS port for it to send
          ANYTHING, including the gated packets.

          On 8/15/2013 10:02 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
          > On APRS-IS, I have everything checked except Xmit Enable "I don't like to beacon via the IS, I only like to beacon via RF.
          > On my Soundmodem and APRS Messenger ports I have all checked except GPS/NMEA and it says RF Baud 1200 for both.
          >
          > My Igate for HF is K0GDI-15
          >
          > I'll email you my XML file right now.
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > Greg...

          >> What all do you have checked in both the RF and APRS-IS ports?
          >>
          >> Do you have a valid APRS-IS passcode configured for your callsign?
          >>
          >> What callsign-ssid is your IGate so that I can do some additional remote
          >> checking?
          >>
          >> If you send a copy of your APRSIS32.XML configuration file to
          >> KJ4ERJ@... I can eye-ball it for what might be worng.

          >> On 8/15/2013 9:39 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
          >>> I am running two ports. One port for Soundmodem, port 8000, and APRS Messenger on port 8063. APRSISCE seems to pull the packet info ok as I can see those stations on my station list. I look at the port log and see the packets. But when I pull the IGate log it is blank. Nothing. Nada. Something is wrong or not configured right. Any ideas?
          >>>
          >>> Thank you.
          >>>
          >>> Greg...

        • Greg d Isringhaus
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19 9:57 AM
            I see what you are saying, I just don't want my station to beacon via the IS. I see that you fixed the problem because it seems to be gating the AX.25 from Soundmodem, but there seems to be a problem with APRSISCE reading the info from the APRS Messenger program. I will email you the log file to see what is up. It seems like APRSISCE is seeing the packet but saying that it is looking for this kind of packet but getting something else instead.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 19 10:02 AM
              The port type to APRS Messenger must be TEXT which expects a new-line
              delimited, humanly readable (TNC2-formatted) which is what APRS
              Messenger sends on his connection (although it's been a while since I've
              run APRS Messenger). You will probably want Xmit Enabled to be
              unchecked on the APRS Messenger port, although you can also disable it
              in APRS Messenger itself.

              On 8/19/2013 12:57 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
              > I see what you are saying, I just don't want my station to beacon via the IS. I see that you fixed the problem because it seems to be gating the AX.25 from Soundmodem, but there seems to be a problem with APRSISCE reading the info from the APRS Messenger program. I will email you the log file to see what is up. It seems like APRSISCE is seeing the packet but saying that it is looking for this kind of packet but getting something else instead.

              >> If you don't Xmit to the APRS-IS, then the IGate can't send anything
              >> there. If you don't want to send specific packets that your station
              >> generates, uncheck the appropriate box (like Beacon, Bulletin/Obj,
              >> Messages (please keep this one checked!), and Telemetry (also good to
              >> keep checked)).
              >>
              >> But you need to have Xmit Enabled on the APRS-IS port for it to send
              >> ANYTHING, including the gated packets.

              >> On 8/15/2013 10:02 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
              >>> On APRS-IS, I have everything checked except Xmit Enable "I don't like to beacon via the IS, I only like to beacon via RF.
              >>> On my Soundmodem and APRS Messenger ports I have all checked except GPS/NMEA and it says RF Baud 1200 for both.
              >>>
              >>> My Igate for HF is K0GDI-15
              >>>
              >>> I'll email you my XML file right now.
              >>>
              >>> Thank you.
              >>>
              >>> Greg...

            • Greg d Isringhaus
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 19 5:12 PM
                Great! That worked! Now I am gating APRS Messenger and AX.25 300 baud. Did you ever get it worked out to transmit beacons and such from APRSISCE to APRS Messenger? I saw something back from 2010 that you were going to work on it, but didn't see a follow up saying that something was added. Let me know. Also, is there rumors of an Android app?

                73 de K0GDI

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 19 6:26 PM
                  Yes, APRSISCE/32 can transmit through APRS Messenger right out via that
                  TEXT port. Just enable Xmit on the port in APRSISCE/32 and check the
                  magic box (I forget the label) in APRS Messenger to allow transmitting
                  from that connection to there. It's just right of center on the bottom
                  of the APRS Messenger screen.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 19 6:33 PM
                    On 8/19/2013 8:12 PM, Greg d Isringhaus wrote:
                    Also, is there rumors of an Android app?

                    Yes, I'm working on porting APRSISCE/32 functionality to Android.  Join the APRSISMO Yahoo group at the following link:

                    Discussion of that port is not welcome on this list at this time, but it was announced here just over 2 months ago.  Qualifications for testing the app were published then as:

                    Don't get your hopes too high, but I'm looking for a few Android phone
                    users that are all of the following:

                    a) willing to reboot their phone (hopefully not required!)
                    b) willing to try out some very new software (as in pretty dumb)
                    c) patient with developers that are learning new things (me, specifically)
                    d) knowledgeable in how to install an .apk that does NOT come from
                    Google Play
                    e) willing to give feedback and answer pointed questions
                    f) not too anxious for actually usable software!

                    All of this comes at my normal support pay scale of absolutely zero $$,
                    but eventually, possibly, some notoriety and "early adopters" claims.

                    Just join the APRSISDR Yahoo group and provide information as to who you
                    are and what Android device(s) you have.

                    And said app may or may look like the following (just don't ask why it's a screen shot from SW UK):

                    Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ -Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32