Changing Telemetry Labels

  • Greg d Isringhaus
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013
      How does one go about changing the label names for telemetry? Like I want to change my project name from "Battery State Tracking" to something of my choice. Also I would like to change the labels of "Battery" and "Charging/AC". I looked in the xml file and didn't see anything.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013
        On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Greg d Isringhaus
        <g.isringhaus@...> wrote:

        > How does one go about changing the label names for telemetry? Like I want
        > to change my project name from "Battery State Tracking" to something of my
        > choice. Also I would like to change the labels of "Battery" and "Charging/AC".
        > I looked in the xml file and didn't see anything.

        APRSISCE/32 does not yet show any telemetry information, so labels
        within the program are not much use yet.

        However external sites will show telemetry, including the labels,
        units, coefficients, and bit states... If you enable telemetry in
        APRSISCE/32, you're stuck with what Lynn has hard coded into the
        program. The program will send the definitions when it determines that
        it needs to, again hard coded into the program.

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:telemetry

        Here's a link to a description of how the APRS protocol defines
        telemetry... it's an excerpt from the APRS101 document to which one
        should always refer for basic information about APRS, if you have lots
        of stamina!

        If you have a device that allows you to send your own telemetry,
        you'll need to know the above information.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013

          http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Telemetry#Telemetry_Equations.2C_Units.2C_Parameters.2C_and_Labels

          > If you have a device that allows you to send your own telemetry,
          > you'll need to know the above information.

          My link went AWOL on me, so there it is pasted in where it escaped from!