Re: New User Group

  • KaroR
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2013
      Well I am running aprsis,weather station,agwpe,uiss,orbitron, two radios both 2 meter motorolas one runs aprs and one runs packet with homemade interfaces that also forward packets from rf to internet on the same computer that is part of my home network. The network includes video and audio servers, ftp server and web server along with other equipmnt I use for my work. That is why I think it is unusual.
      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Adam Mahnke <kc2ant@...> wrote:

      > It appears to be up and running, last beacon 5 mins ago
      > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/
      > I'm seeing some errors on your raw packets, but I'm not the best to help with why they're showing up
      > http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=W5KRO&limit=100&view=normal
      > Looking like maybe your time stamps aren't working properly?? maybe Lynn or someone a lot better at decoding raw packets can help more.
      > What makes your set up unusual?
      > AdamKC2ANT
      >
      > To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      > From: w5kro@...
      > Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 20:43:53 +0000
      > Subject: [aprsisce] Re: New User Group

      > I have seen the wiki the program is up and running and has been for some time now however I seemto be sending out a lot of information cab someone look at w5kro on aprs.fi or findu and tell me if all is OK ?
      >

      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "KaroR" <w5kro@> wrote:
      >

      > > Is there an area where new users can get help with APRSIS32. I have been using UIVIEW for about 10 years plus but have switched to APRSIS only recently. I have many questions and my setup is unusual. Thanks and 73's W5KRO

    • iw2ejh
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 8, 2013
        I do not see anything unusual here
        you can run two instance of APRSIS32 if you want to work ISS in parallel with APRS node
        You can also run multiple ports on the same instance (I randomly do that with satellite for diversity) using software modem
        my network also include agwpe allowing to interconnect sw and hw over several pc, and all are also running other applications, and virtual machines inside.
        So do not be surprise is aprsis32 can work in parallel with multiple other applications, I never saw any interferences, this product is very mature.

        Marino Iw2ejh

        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "KaroR" <w5kro@...> wrote:

        > Well I am running aprsis,weather station,agwpe,uiss,orbitron, two radios both 2 meter motorolas one runs aprs and one runs packet with homemade interfaces that also forward packets from rf to internet on the same computer that is part of my home network. The network includes video and audio servers, ftp server and web server along with other equipmnt I use for my work. That is why I think it is unusual.
      • ldeffenb
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 10, 2013
          It looks like you are using the wxnow.txt interface to transmit weather information under the same callsign-ssid as the main instance. But your weather software is putting an older timestamp in the file causing aprs.fi to believe it was a delayed duplicate.

          PS. Sorry about the delayed response, but I'm working out e-mail issues with KJ4ERJ@....

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 10, 2013
            Unusual or not, this is definitely the place to ask questions. You sound like just the type of UI-View user I'd like to ensure that APRSISCE/32 features can support! If the program can meet your needs and configuration, then I will have arrived at my goal of generating a UI-View replacement for most of the UI-View (non or some plug-in) users. About the only thing I didn't notice you listing was using UI-View's web server!

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 10, 2013
              The Wiki is a thttp://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ but this is the place for questions of any user level.

              Ordinarily you'll elicit responses in hours, but my KJ4ERJ@... e-mail has been down since 8/1/2013 unbeknownst to me until this morning.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 10, 2013
                I checked the weather packets a bit closer this time and it appears that your WXnow.txt file contains LOCAL time but with the "h" modifier which is supposed to be ZULU. But your main station is generating position packets with the correct ZULU time and the difference from a single callsign-SSID is upsetting aprs.fi.

                For instance:

                2013-08-10 08:18:30 EDT: W5KRO>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2DENMARK:@121829h3031.87N/09102.05WW
                2013-08-10 08:18:36 EDT: W5KRO>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2DENMARK:/072100h3031.87N/09102.05W_

                2013-08-10 08:26:31 EDT: W5KRO>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2DENMARK:@122629h3031.87N/09102.05WWW
                2013-08-10 08:26:36 EDT: W5KRO>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2DENMARK:/073100h3031.87N/09102.05W_

                2013-08-10 08:34:31 EDT: W5KRO>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2DENMARK:@123430h3031.87N/09102.05WW
                2013-08-10 08:38:36 EDT: W5KRO>APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2DENMARK:/074100h3031.87N/09102.05W_

                Note the 5 hour gap in the timestamps inside the packets. And I'm still a bit confused as to how the weather packets are multi-minutes offset (in the future, no less) from the time they were received into the network. Seems like your wxnow.txt generator software needs some help, or the computer on which it runs needs a time-fix.

                PS. The timestamp starts 2 characters after the colon in those packets. It's supposed to be hhmmssh in ZULU.