Running two D710's

  • Greg d Isringhaus
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013
      I currently run a Digi / I-Gate with a D710 radio. Is it possible to run another D710 radio for the ISS frequency and just use one instance of APRSICE? I would want to use a different SSID and icon for the satellite APRS.
    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013
        If you're planning to use seperate SSID's and symbols then you'll need to use two instances of APRSIS32. (recommended practice for multiple frequencies)

        However, you can share OSM Map Tiles between the two if you point them at the same directory.

        Adam
        KC2ANT

        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        From: g.isringhaus@...
        Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 18:04:42 +0000
        Subject: [aprsisce] Running two D710's

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013
          Ok, that is fine. I just wanted to see if it was possible or not. Going to be setting up a satellite station soon.

          73 de KØGDI