Re: [aprsisce] Can't edit configure > ports > TS2000

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2013
      Where are you looking to say "It only shows up on my APRSIS port"?

      Do you have another radio that is monitoring, or a inline device (like AGWmonitor) to see what is going out on each port?

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25, 2013
        There is only one callsign-SSID and one comment in APRSISCE/32. They
        are configured under Configure / General (and the latter redundantly
        under Configure / Status and Configure / Beacon / Comment). The
        disabled display of them under the APRS-IS and RF port configuration
        dialogs is a red-herring (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring)
        left over from when I was originally considering individual
        configuration by port. Instead, I recommend running separate instance
        for each RF port that you want to run. There are reasons for this that
        have been posted in previous threads in this group.

        Whatever you have set in Configure / General will be used on all
        configured ports. Eventually the confusing dialog elements will be removed.

        Lynn (D) _ KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

        On 7/24/2013 9:44 PM, Thomas Hole wrote:
        > Thanks Greg, That did the trick. However my ssid and comment aren't showing up on my rf port. It only shows up on my aprsis port.
        > On Jul 24, 2013, at 8:39 PM, Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Are you trying to edit them in the port config? I believe that's a relic Lynn's going to remove, so you have to edit them in configure> general. And I believe there is a config menu for comments all in its own as well.

      • Thomas Hole
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2013
          Thanks Lynn, this is the answer I was looking for.

          Sent while mobile.