RE: [aprsisce] Re: OT Micro/Mini (Was:Golden Packet and APRSIS32 UIFLOOD)

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 23, 2013
      My daughter is now old to take herself, mother and/or a friend. Whew!

      I wonder if goosing it up with silicon would be a good choice. Of course, the variety used on fish tanks is recommended since it doesn't leach out acetic acid, which kills fish and corrodes metal. Hot melt glue might work too. I don't know the melting temperature so I am not sure if it is too high or not. You could also flood it with epoxy. All of these things make it more difficult to rework if you mess it up.

      I would have picked the USB Mini-B or Micro. I will adapt. Besides my GTRANS is no longer in its original form so why should this not be any different. :)

      If I were to plug this into my vehicle PC, the GPS would be looking down, yes, the USB ports are upside down. Even if they were right-side up, the GPS would still be pointing the wrong direction. So whether I use an extension or standard USB cable, I still need one. Plus now the GPS can be placed where it gets the best sky view. The extension is handy to have around anyway.

      Oh, I don't like things stuck into the ports anyway but can't get away from it. I am not as worried about the device as I am about my PC port breaking inside. I am seen enough to know I don't want it to happen to me. Many USB ports are PC mounted, not case mounted so the PCB is damaged if the dongle is smacked.

      So, quit your ranting and get it done already! *BIG grin

      Best regards,
      Fred N7FMH