Re: Proposal: new Pop-Up Menu Item

  • elipanovich
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
      While a 'copy to clipboard' option would certainly be nice, there is a slightly easier method than the process you describe.

      1. Right-click on desired location
      2. On menu-item showing full Lat/Long, slide out to secondary menu and select "Center Here"
      3. Lower-left hand corner of main window will show the Lat/Long, rounded to two decimal places as required for POS-files.

      I keep the APRSIS32 window on the left side of my screen, the notepad/spreadsheet window on the right. So when I switch back to enter the Lat/Long, I can still see it on the APRSIS32 window below.

      As I stated, not as easy as copy and paste, but easier than having to copy to paper to remember. Hope this helps a bit.

          ericl, KI6AOC

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Jens Laland" wrote:

      > Gentlemen
      >
      > With ref. to: APRSIS32, built 2012/08/30 09:19
      >
      > When right-clicking (the mouse) at any location on the map, a pop-up menu
      > appears having two (first level) items, i.e. 'Trace Logs' and the text of
      > the second menu item presents the actual position in Latitude/Longitude of
      > the said location.
      >
      > My proposal is to include a new sub-menu item here (along with 'Set
      > Destination', 'MultiTrack', 'Center Here', etc), namely a sub-menu item
      > 'Copy Position', that give us the option to copy the Latitude and
      > Longitude into the Windows Clipboard.
      >
      > This would be of great help in the making (and planning) of POS-files for
      > any sort of local ham group operations.
      >
      > At present, I have to make a note of any position on paper first, and then
      > manually type the very same position into the POS-file source.
      >
      > However, with a new menu option to 'Copy Position' such work would simply
      > become a matter of "copy & paste".
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Jens Laland
      > LA3NO
      > Bryne, Norway
      > --

    • Greg D
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
        I second the suggestion. Great idea!

        Flipping it around, you should be able to use a clipboard copy (from
        some other application) to create or move an object at a specific
        location, without having to (mis)type all the right digits.

        Greg KO6TH

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2013
          1. Right-click on desired location
          2. On menu-item showing full Lat/Long, slide out to secondary menu and
          select "Center Here"

          I keep forgetting this when I move my accident objects! Thanks for the
          reminder.

          Best regards,
          Fred N7FMH