Proposal: new Pop-Up Menu Item

  • Jens Laland
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2013
      Gentlemen

      With ref. to: APRSIS32, built 2012/08/30 09:19

      When right-clicking (the mouse) at any location on the map, a pop-up menu
      appears having two (first level) items, i.e. 'Trace Logs' and the text of
      the second menu item presents the actual position in Latitude/Longitude of
      the said location.

      My proposal is to include a new sub-menu item here (along with 'Set
      Destination', 'MultiTrack', 'Center Here', etc), namely a sub-menu item
      'Copy Position', that give us the option to copy the Latitude and
      Longitude into the Windows Clipboard.

      This would be of great help in the making (and planning) of POS-files for
      any sort of local ham group operations.

      At present, I have to make a note of any position on paper first, and then
      manually type the very same position into the POS-file source.

      However, with a new menu option to 'Copy Position' such work would simply
      become a matter of "copy & paste".

      Best regards,
      Jens Laland
      LA3NO
      Bryne, Norway
      --
    • elipanovich
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
        While a 'copy to clipboard' option would certainly be nice, there is a slightly easier method than the process you describe.

        1. Right-click on desired location
        2. On menu-item showing full Lat/Long, slide out to secondary menu and select "Center Here"
        3. Lower-left hand corner of main window will show the Lat/Long, rounded to two decimal places as required for POS-files.

        I keep the APRSIS32 window on the left side of my screen, the notepad/spreadsheet window on the right. So when I switch back to enter the Lat/Long, I can still see it on the APRSIS32 window below.

        As I stated, not as easy as copy and paste, but easier than having to copy to paper to remember. Hope this helps a bit.

            ericl, KI6AOC

        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Jens Laland" wrote:

        > Gentlemen
        >
        > With ref. to: APRSIS32, built 2012/08/30 09:19
        >
        > When right-clicking (the mouse) at any location on the map, a pop-up menu
        > appears having two (first level) items, i.e. 'Trace Logs' and the text of
        > the second menu item presents the actual position in Latitude/Longitude of
        > the said location.
        >
        > My proposal is to include a new sub-menu item here (along with 'Set
        > Destination', 'MultiTrack', 'Center Here', etc), namely a sub-menu item
        > 'Copy Position', that give us the option to copy the Latitude and
        > Longitude into the Windows Clipboard.
        >
        > This would be of great help in the making (and planning) of POS-files for
        > any sort of local ham group operations.
        >
        > At present, I have to make a note of any position on paper first, and then
        > manually type the very same position into the POS-file source.
        >
        > However, with a new menu option to 'Copy Position' such work would simply
        > become a matter of "copy & paste".
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Jens Laland
        > LA3NO
        > Bryne, Norway
        > --

      • Greg D
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
          I second the suggestion. Great idea!

          Flipping it around, you should be able to use a clipboard copy (from
          some other application) to create or move an object at a specific
          location, without having to (mis)type all the right digits.

          Greg KO6TH

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2013
            1. Right-click on desired location
            2. On menu-item showing full Lat/Long, slide out to secondary menu and
            select "Center Here"

            I keep forgetting this when I move my accident objects! Thanks for the
            reminder.

            Best regards,
            Fred N7FMH