Re: [aprsisce] Dimming new clients (Dev: 2013/07/19 06:26)

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 19, 2013
      It's actually trivially simple.  Just put a black background behind the transparent map instead of a white background.  You'll find it makes no difference if you crank the opacity up to 100% though.  Because at that setting, the OSM map tile provides all of the colors.

      The "accident" that discovered it was when doing some other development, I neglected to set anything specific in the background and it defaulted to black, whereas Windows defaults to white.  It took me a while to figure out why my maps were so much dimmer than in APRSISCE!  Talk about a "duh" moment.

      On 7/19/2013 2:17 PM, Mark Petiford wrote:
      Re: The dim/bright was a quick hack since I discovered it by accident.

      Haven't had much time to play with it, but looks like a darn good "quick hack".  Real nice!  I agree with Adam that it would be nice for the other panes as well.

      Mark
      KE6BB

      From: kj4erj@...
      Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 07:44:01 -0400

      Support Screen / Brightness / Bright/Dim which changes the background of
      the transparent maps from White to Black. Discovered on APRSISDR.
      (Adam KC2ANT)

      Define APWAxx as APRSISDR and group under View / Platforms /
      APRSISCE/32, define as supporting Item-As-Message (even though it
      doesn't yet!)

      The NMEA port now supports a direct TCP/IP connection to GPSd. Simply
      configure the NMEA port to use TCP/IP and point it to your GPSd
      instance. If you've never heard of GPSd, don't worry about it. If
      you've got a GPSd already running, then I don't need to tell you more,
      right? (Steve G6UIM)

      Parse date/time from $GPZDA and put the first received xx, yy offsets
      into the NMEA trace log even if disabled. (Steve G6UIM)

      ANSRVR now prefixes all (I think) communications with N:group to allow
      client-side segregation

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32 (and
      Android in the works)

      PS. It's been so long I had to remind myself how I flag releases!

      PPS. If this looks good to you Dev users, I'd like to put it out for
      general release sooner than later. It's been FAR too long!

    • Bob Burns W9BU
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 20, 2013
        At 07:44 AM 7/19/2013, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
        >Support Screen / Brightness / Bright/Dim which changes the background of
        >the transparent maps from White to Black. Discovered on APRSISDR.
        >(Adam KC2ANT)

        Lynn, what's the connection between this new feature and the subject
        of this thread?

        When my twisted brain processed the subject, I thought you had
        implemented a feature that dims position reports on the map as they age.

        What am I missing?

        Bob...
      • Adam Mahnke
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 20, 2013
          It gives the option to put a black background behind the maps.

          Select the dim option and press the left arrow a dozen times.

          Adam
          KC2ANT