APRSIS32 and D72

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
      I need a quick set of pointers for connection APRSIS32 to a D72.

      I think I know that only the USB can be used.
      I want to use PACKET rather than APRS if possible and let APRSIS32 do the
      control.

      If using PACKET, will the D72 just be in KISS mode, or do I need to work out
      the KISS on and KISS off stuff.

      Thanks!

      ------------------------------------
      Fred Hillhouse Jr
      http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?N7FMH
    • Bob Burns W9BU
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
        Fred, been a while since I've done it, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to command the TNC into KISS mode either manually or automatically in the Open commands.

        Bob...
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
          I believe you can just use the KWD710(Pkt) port type and it will do it all for you.  You DO have to have the D72 connected and the USB driver installed so that the COMM port is there BEFORE you start APRSIS32 or enable the port.

          Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Still haven't hooked my own D72 to my laptop let alone to APRSIS32!