RE: [aprsisce] Dimming new clients (Dev: 2013/07/19 06:26)

  • Adam Mahnke
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 19 5:29 AM
      Hey Lynn,

      There real advantage to the dim would be even better if the back background was applied to the APRS Pane and Speed display.
      I haven't had a chance to try this mobile at night yet, but it looks like it work as it does in APRSISDR.

      Adam
      KC2ANT

      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: kj4erj@...
      Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 07:44:01 -0400
      Subject: [aprsisce] Dimming new clients (Dev: 2013/07/19 06:26)

      Support Screen / Brightness / Bright/Dim which changes the background of
      the transparent maps from White to Black. Discovered on APRSISDR.
      (Adam KC2ANT)

      Define APWAxx as APRSISDR and group under View / Platforms /
      APRSISCE/32, define as supporting Item-As-Message (even though it
      doesn't yet!)

      The NMEA port now supports a direct TCP/IP connection to GPSd. Simply
      configure the NMEA port to use TCP/IP and point it to your GPSd
      instance. If you've never heard of GPSd, don't worry about it. If
      you've got a GPSd already running, then I don't need to tell you more,
      right? (Steve G6UIM)

      Parse date/time from $GPZDA and put the first received xx, yy offsets
      into the NMEA trace log even if disabled. (Steve G6UIM)

      ANSRVR now prefixes all (I think) communications with N:group to allow
      client-side segregation

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32 (and
      Android in the works)

      PS. It's been so long I had to remind myself how I flag releases!

      PPS. If this looks good to you Dev users, I'd like to put it out for
      general release sooner than later. It's been FAR too long!

    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 19 5:30 AM
        Also,

        When I hit the far Left (transparent) peg, it goes back to white background.

        Adam
        KC2ANT

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 19 6:12 AM
              Not sure if anyone is, I just like pushing limits

              Adam
              KC2ANT

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 19 6:39 AM
                Yes it would require a font color change.

                Red against black isn't bad, but again, I have no idea what goes into the code to make that happen either.

                Color reversal wouldn't be horrible if that's simpler to program

                Adam
                KC2ANT

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 19 6:51 AM
                  Yeah, and Steve as well!
                  But, you guys are not alone!

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 19 7:10 AM

                    It’s more a case of pushing my luck Fred.

                    GPSD is handy for sharing a GPS amongst clients and machines, to the point that for testing Lynn tested against my GPSD instance.

                    It also takes care of known GPS problems with various makes. Not sure if Lynn has done anything with it yet, but it provides information about the accuracy of the location and altitude.

                    I did chat to Lynn about providing a number that indicates the precision of the fix.

                    Steve Daniels

                    Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

                    Torbay Freecycle  Owner

                    Not sure if anyone is, I just like pushing limits

                    Adam
                    KC2ANT

                      Re: The dim/bright was a quick hack since I discovered it by accident.

                      Haven't had much time to play with it, but looks like a darn good "quick hack".  Real nice!  I agree with Adam that it would be nice for the other panes as well.

                      Mark
                      KE6BB

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 20 1:56 PM
                          At 07:44 AM 7/19/2013, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                          >Support Screen / Brightness / Bright/Dim which changes the background of
                          >the transparent maps from White to Black. Discovered on APRSISDR.
                          >(Adam KC2ANT)

                          Lynn, what's the connection between this new feature and the subject
                          of this thread?

                          When my twisted brain processed the subject, I thought you had
                          implemented a feature that dims position reports on the map as they age.

                          What am I missing?

                          Bob...
                        • Adam Mahnke
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 20 2:19 PM
                            It gives the option to put a black background behind the maps.

                            Select the dim option and press the left arrow a dozen times.

                            Adam
                            KC2ANT