D710 Configuration ==> WAS Re: [aprsisce] Plotting APRS position data on a laptop without internet access

  • Mason, Billy (list accts)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013
      The below RFPort configuration is from a working configuration using the standard "KWD710(APRS)" RFPort configuration, no special editing was required. You should be connecting the laptop to the serial connection on the control head, not the RF deck. Your D710 needs to be be in APRS Mode, not Packet Mode, and make sure that Menu 604 - COMPORT has been/is set to ON (Outputs data from the COM port after receiving packet and TNC command data from the APRS data communications).

      <!--RFPort[2]-->
      <RFPort Name="D710-APRS/GPS(Mobile)">
      <Protocol>KWD710(APRS)</Protocol>
      <Device>COM10:9600,N,8,1</Device>
      <RfBaud>1200</RfBaud>
      <OpenCmd>^C^C^C~!!0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>TC 1!?!1.0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>TC 1!TS 1!1.0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>TN 1,0!TN 1,0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>TC 0!!0.050</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>^M!cmd:!1</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>DIG OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>GB 4800</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>HB 1200</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>GPST $GPRMC</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LTM 0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LTMH OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>LOC E 0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>M ON</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>MCOM ON</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>MS OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>CONO OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>P 250</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>UI OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>UIF NOID</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>UIT %</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>X OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>HEADER OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>NE ON</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>NO OFF</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>ECHO OFF!cmd:!1.0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>BEACON EVERY 0!cmd:!1.0</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>ECHO OFF!cmd:!1.00</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>BEACON EVERY 0!cmd:!1.00</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>TC 1!?EH!1</OpenCmd>
      <OpenCmd>TC 1!TS 1!1.00</OpenCmd>
      <CloseCmd>TC 0!!0.050</CloseCmd>
      <CloseCmd>^M!cmd:!1</CloseCmd>
      <CloseCmd>LTM 0</CloseCmd>
      <CloseCmd>TC 1!?EH!1</CloseCmd>
      <CloseCmd>TC 1!TS 1</CloseCmd>
      <CloseCmd>TN 0,0!TN 0,0</CloseCmd>
      <QuietTime>0</QuietTime>
      <Enabled>1</Enabled>
      <XmitEnabled>1</XmitEnabled>
      <ProvidesNMEA>1</ProvidesNMEA>
      <RFtoISEnabled>0</RFtoISEnabled>
      <IStoRFEnabled>0</IStoRFEnabled>
      <MyCallNot3rd>0</MyCallNot3rd>
      <BeaconingEnabled>0</BeaconingEnabled>
      <BeaconPath></BeaconPath>
      <BulletinObjectEnabled>1</BulletinObjectEnabled>
      <DXEnabled>0</DXEnabled>
      <DXPath>RFONLY</DXPath>
      <MessagesEnabled>1</MessagesEnabled>
      <MessagePath></MessagePath>