RE: Plotting APRS position data on a laptop without internet access

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
      The main email address is: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

      post on the main group and someone will get you going,

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2013
        Natalie,
        I wonder how you have that '710 connected to the laptop? I track myself in a similar manner using a Byonic's APRS transmitter/beacon and a laptop strictly by RF means, no internet connection.
        I use the 'AGW' packet engine program that converts the laptop's sound card into a TNC to interpret the signals received by the receiver I use. Feed the audio from the receiver to the sound card, the AGW program converts it to something the APRSISCE program can use for displaying the beacon's position. That requires one audio cable from the radio's speaker jack to the sound card's 'mic' input on the laptop. There's a part of the AGW program that is for setting the audio levels but that's not too difficult (instructions included).
        That's about the easiest method I've found for me. I do have a TM-D710 but use another receiver and laptop dedicated to the APRS tracking thingy. The '710 can do it just fine, but I have other uses for it. Hope that helps, and good luck.
        - 'Doc