Re: [aprsisce] Urgent request for help

  • Tony VE6MVP
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 11, 2013
      At 07:01 PM 2013-07-11, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
       > how do you know that the program is NOT connecting to an APRS-IS server?

      From his original e-mail:

      > The program starts but will not connect to the aprs-is servers.
      > Constantly reads "aprs-is connect" (blinking)

      That means he's got everything necessary enabled and it is truly failing
      to connect.

      I realize there's not a lot of space there but that word Connect is misleading.   It should be Connecting.    And maybe some kind of 10 or 30 second time out.

      >Simply telnet rotate.aprs2.net 14580 and see if it connects or fails

      If that isn't in the FAQ page then it should be added.  BTW I just tried that on my system and, as expected, it was able to connect just fine.

      Tony