RE: [aprsisce] OT3m NMEA passthrough

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
      Quick follow-up, a GPS connected to Port B is passed through as well.

      Best regards,
      Fred N7FMH

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013
        Looking for help from someone acquainted with UISS. I may be in over my head!

        Been trying to help N1XED to get up and running with APRSIS-CE. He presently has UISS running. That uses the AGW-PE engine to talk to his KPC-3. If he closes UISS, he loses the AGW-PE engine as well. To my feeble brain, it appears that the AGW-PE driver is part of UISS. Am I correct?

        Is there a way to run both UISS and APRSIS-CE simultaneously with a "normal" AGW-PE? Or does UISS need to use its own AGW-PE driver?

        (As a stop-gap, I may set him up to use the KPC-3 in KISS mode via a serial port directly but that would mean he could only run one program or the other).
        --

        Bob Harris (K9UDX)
        Bath, NH

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013
            Hi Bob,

            UISS has an option to launch external programs when it starts.
            It may well shut them down when UISS closes, so if he is
            starting AGW from the UISS external program folder, that is
            probably the problem. Multiple programs can share AGW, but must
            have a unique call or SSID.

            73
            Mike kc9doa