Random stations in my garden

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013

      Much as I like company, I get on occasion stations locate themselves in my garden

      Currently KC9EGS has joined me, I cannot track down why this is happening, it is not a regular occurance and seems to go through phases

      I am running IS to RF but set at m/20 and with blokes on fixed stations within that.

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

    • KE6BB
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013
        Maybe they are relocating themselves "close by" to play with QRU. Don't you have to be within a certain distance to activate it??? I seem to remember something like that with Lynn's QRU when he first incorporated it. I must admit that I haven't looked in to it for a long time.

        Mark
        KE6BB

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013

          You can override the limit on QRU and they are not requesting QRU from me so don’t think it’s that.

          Usually it seems to be a one time thing and the go after the 2 hour fade but KC9EGS has been here for quite a long time.

          href="http://aprsisce.wikidot.com">http://aprsisce.wikidot.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013

              Yes the lat lon are the same as mine

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013

                Well usually stations turn up and then fade out, but this person updates once an hour and is still there so maybe he has actually setup with my location for some reason

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013
                  Unless you've moved to Wisconsin, I don't think so.

                  Can you bring up a FilterTest and put in b/KC9EGS for me?  I'd like to know what packets you're getting.  Also, in his Station Information popup, does it say anything about any (NNN Bad)?  I don't remember which line this shows up on, but if you hit Control-C with the popup focused, it should copy all of the text into the clipboard for e-mailing.

                  -RICE RESERVOIR
                  UI-View32 V2.03

                  Sym: WX Service (/_)
                  Temp: 81ºF
                  Wind: 0mph S (Gust:0)
                  Rain(in): 0.00/hr 0.13/24h 0.13(today)
                  Bar: 29.74in Hum: 76%
                  Unit: UnknownP(-RICE)

                  App: UIview 32 bit (25N)
                  Cap: IGATE,MSG_CNT=1,LOC_CNT=32
                  198/224 Paths (9Kb)
                  Packet(2m2s):W9SM-1 NNW 38.0mi KC9EGS
                  I+G: 4+4 25+22 30+21 35+25 43+15 40+13 19+10 19+8
                  FromME: 1312mi NNW (340º)
                  GridSquare: EN55cn
                  4533.77N 08946.12W
                  Time: 00-08 00:10:00z
                  2013-07-08 00:06:50 (1m59s)
                  TCPIP*
                  IGATE[4] TCP RemRF

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 7, 2013

                    I sent a message and the station has now gone, prior to that it was updating once an hour. I have put a filter in but not sure if that will show much now