OT3m NMEA passthrough

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
      Good news! The OT3m NMEA pass-through is working. Scott released new
      firmware today (7/3/2013). Thanks Scott!

      I am using the USB port which is fixed at 9600. (At least I don't see a way
      to change it.)

      GPS on Port A works at 4800. I will try Port B later since I have a Port A/B
      splitter and would rather connect the GPS to B.

      My APRSIS32 OT3m port shows the NMEA data. I did not look at the NMEA log
      yet. It was a quick test.

      Only RMC and GGA are passed through. The satellite indicators at the bottom
      of APRSISCE/32 won't have data since I think that relies on the GSV sentence
      which has that data. I am going to miss that.

      This now allows me to remove my FTDI 4-port serial adapter and only have one
      cable to the OT3m and one on to the GPS. I am liking it!

      Thanks Scott and Lynn for adding this feature to the OT3m and APRSISCE/32!

      Best regards,
      Fred N7FMH
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
        Quick follow-up, a GPS connected to Port B is passed through as well.

        Best regards,
        Fred N7FMH

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013
          Looking for help from someone acquainted with UISS. I may be in over my head!

          Been trying to help N1XED to get up and running with APRSIS-CE. He presently has UISS running. That uses the AGW-PE engine to talk to his KPC-3. If he closes UISS, he loses the AGW-PE engine as well. To my feeble brain, it appears that the AGW-PE driver is part of UISS. Am I correct?

          Is there a way to run both UISS and APRSIS-CE simultaneously with a "normal" AGW-PE? Or does UISS need to use its own AGW-PE driver?

          (As a stop-gap, I may set him up to use the KPC-3 in KISS mode via a serial port directly but that would mean he could only run one program or the other).
          --

          Bob Harris (K9UDX)
          Bath, NH

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013
              Hi Bob,

              UISS has an option to launch external programs when it starts.
              It may well shut them down when UISS closes, so if he is
              starting AGW from the UISS external program folder, that is
              probably the problem. Multiple programs can share AGW, but must
              have a unique call or SSID.

              73
              Mike kc9doa