Re: [aprsisce] Weather Stations [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2013
      I suspect the magic word is "unzip"...

      Did you actually unzip the delivery into a freshly created and empty directory?  Or are you double-clicking the .EXE from inside the .ZIP file?

      Check G4ILO's excellent introductory video at:

      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup

      Or if you don't want to watch the video, follow the simple instructions on that page.

      On 6/30/2013 2:56 PM, James House wrote:

      APRS-IS Users,

      I’ve been using an android app and a browser based APRS client for a long time, thought I’d try to install the APRS-IS app on my Win-7 laptop. All I get when I run the .exe is a single blinking bar across the screen as attached and the only way to get rid of it is to reboot since it doesn’t show up in task manager as an app. Seems like I saw some instructions somewhere but can’t find them again. What is the magic word?

      73,

      Jim KA6IVF Walnut Creek CERT Buena Vista Area Communications Manger.

      WQRJ515 GMRS

      jdhouse@...

      ka6ivf@winlink.org

      “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” George Bernard Shaw