RE: [aprsisce] Re: Sub-Orbital Rocket Launch with APRS Payload on 6/20/13

  • kb8uih
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21, 2013
      I forgot to look..did the launch take place?

      Chris

      "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

      On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Jason R wrote:

      > Correction on launch window: 0530-1000L EST.
      >
      > Payload callsigns: Below 15K feet KN4GE. Above 15K feet KK4PGR
      > Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
      > RPC Electronics, LLC
      > www.rpc-electronics.com
      >
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Jason R" <lists@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> There will be a sub-orbital rocket launch from the NASA Wallops
      >> Flight Facility in Wallops Island, VA at 0100L EST (1AM) on 6/20/13.
      >> The payload will be carrying an APRS tracker on 144.390 with NO PATH.
      >> The launch window is scheduled for 0100-0600, with the launch likely
      >> taking place at the beginning of the window.
      >>
      >> Any packets captured from the payload can be emailed to Chase Riley
      >> KK4PGR at: thomas.c.riley@...
      >>
      >> To keep tabs on the launch, "Like" the NASA Wallops page on Facebook
      >> at:
      >>
      >> https://www.facebook.com/NASAWFF?fref=ts
      >>

      >> Also, you can watch the launch live from Ustream:
      >>
      >> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-tv-wallops
      >>

      >> Thanks!
      >> Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
      >> RPC Electronics, LLC
      >> www.rpc-electronics.com

    • Albert Furlow
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2013
        wow how did I miss this!!

        AL KA1FFO

        I forgot to look..did the launch take place?

        Chris

        "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

        On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Jason R wrote:

        > Correction on launch window: 0530-1000L EST.
        >
        > Payload callsigns: Below 15K feet KN4GE. Above 15K feet KK4PGR
        > Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
        > RPC Electronics, LLC
        > www.rpc-electronics.com
        >
        > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Jason R" <lists@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> There will be a sub-orbital rocket launch from the NASA Wallops
        >> Flight Facility in Wallops Island, VA at 0100L EST (1AM) on 6/20/13.
        >> The payload will be carrying an APRS tracker on 144.390 with NO PATH.
        >> The launch window is scheduled for 0100-0600, with the launch likely
        >> taking place at the beginning of the window.
        >>
        >> Any packets captured from the payload can be emailed to Chase Riley
        >> KK4PGR at: thomas.c.riley@...
        >>
        >> To keep tabs on the launch, "Like" the NASA Wallops page on Facebook
        >> at:
        >>
        >> https://www.facebook.com/NASAWFF?fref=ts
        >>

        >> Also, you can watch the launch live from Ustream:
        >>
        >> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-tv-wallops
        >>

        >> Thanks!
        >> Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
        >> RPC Electronics, LLC
        >> www.rpc-electronics.com

      • Robert Bruninga
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21, 2013

          wow how did I miss this!!
          I forgot to look..did the launch take place?

          I had been told it would be at 5:45 which is when I woke up and was on the air by 5:50.  Got nothing.  Found outthe launch went at 0530.  APRS-IS got nothing either, nor did my beam antenna in Annapolis record anything.

          Bob

          Chris

          "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

          On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Jason R wrote:

          > Correction on launch window: 0530-1000L EST.
          >
          > Payload callsigns: Below 15K feet KN4GE. Above 15K feet KK4PGR
          > Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
          > RPC Electronics, LLC
          > www.rpc-electronics.com
          >
          > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Jason R" <lists@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> There will be a sub-orbital rocket launch from the NASA Wallops
          >> Flight Facility in Wallops Island, VA at 0100L EST (1AM) on 6/20/13.
          >> The payload will be carrying an APRS tracker on 144.390 with NO PATH.
          >> The launch window is scheduled for 0100-0600, with the launch likely
          >> taking place at the beginning of the window.
          >>
          >> Any packets captured from the payload can be emailed to Chase Riley
          >> KK4PGR at: thomas.c.riley@...
          >>
          >> To keep tabs on the launch, "Like" the NASA Wallops page on Facebook
          >> at:
          >>
          >> https://www.facebook.com/NASAWFF?fref=ts
          >>

          >> Also, you can watch the launch live from Ustream:
          >>
          >> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-tv-wallops
          >>

          >> Thanks!
          >> Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
          >> RPC Electronics, LLC
          >> www.rpc-electronics.com

        • Jason R
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21, 2013
            The launch did take place, at 0530 yesterday morning. However, we did not receive any packet data from the payload. The ground station was unable to capture anything, as well as I tried from my RF lab on the facility without success. This morning it was semi-determined that the APRS payload may have never been turned on before flight. Still being investigated as to why this might have happened.

            --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Robert Bruninga <bruninga@...> wrote:

            > *Subject:* Re: [aprsisce] Re: Sub-Orbital Rocket Launch with APRS Payload
            > on 6/20/13
            >
            > wow how did I miss this!!
            > I forgot to look..did the launch take place?
            >
            > I had been told it would be at 5:45 which is when I woke up and was on the
            > air by 5:50. Got nothing. Found outthe launch went at 0530. APRS-IS got
            > nothing either, nor did my beam antenna in Annapolis record anything.
            >

            > Bob
            >

            > Chris
            >
            > "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
            >
            > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Jason R wrote:
            >
            > > Correction on launch window: 0530-1000L EST.
            > >
            > > Payload callsigns: Below 15K feet KN4GE. Above 15K feet KK4PGR
            > > Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
            > > RPC Electronics, LLC
            > > www.rpc-electronics.com
            > >
            > > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Jason R" <lists@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> There will be a sub-orbital rocket launch from the NASA Wallops
            > >> Flight Facility in Wallops Island, VA at 0100L EST (1AM) on 6/20/13.
            > >> The payload will be carrying an APRS tracker on 144.390 with NO PATH.
            > >> The launch window is scheduled for 0100-0600, with the launch likely
            > >> taking place at the beginning of the window.
            > >>
            > >> Any packets captured from the payload can be emailed to Chase Riley
            > >> KK4PGR at: thomas.c.riley@
            > >>
            > >> To keep tabs on the launch, "Like" the NASA Wallops page on Facebook
            > >> at:
            > >>
            > >> https://www.facebook.com/NASAWFF?fref=ts
            > >>

            > >> Also, you can watch the launch live from Ustream:
            > >>
            > >> http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-tv-wallops
            > >>

            > >> Thanks!
            > >> Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
            > >> RPC Electronics, LLC
            > >> www.rpc-electronics.com

          • MJ Devine
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 2013