Re: [aprsisce] Need to block invalid format digi site?

  • Jerry Wyatt, n7qvu
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 13 2:32 PM
      The site(GRNSAZ) was taken down mainly because the owner would not maintain it nor let anyone else. It had not been digi-ing for many months. Most everybody thought it had died, until I showed them via APRS.fi it was beaconing every 30 minutes. Info I obtained about the owner was that he just allowed a friend to install it in his building site and friend is gone now!

      I anticipate a new digi will be operation by end of this month on the same mountain(10,500') but at a different building site. There has been a large hole in the network here w/o that site.

      I don't care who owns the active digi on that great site in NE Arizona, just that there is one and its maintained.

      Thanks again,
      Jerry - N7QVU

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 13 4:03 PM
        Remember, a fully functioning digi also includes local DIRECT beacons
        of recommended FREQ objects in the area. see:
        http://aprs.org/localinfo.html

        thanks
        Bob, WB4APR