RE: [aprsisce] Need to block invalid format digi site?

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
      There will still be a digipeater but that that one.

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
        There is a coordination group working on this problem. And it looks likes it
        is getting rectified. And that will mean a new functioning properly
        functioning digi. So this is really actually good news.

        Best regards,
        Fred N7FMH

      • Jerry Wyatt, n7qvu
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
          The site(GRNSAZ) was taken down mainly because the owner would not maintain it nor let anyone else. It had not been digi-ing for many months. Most everybody thought it had died, until I showed them via APRS.fi it was beaconing every 30 minutes. Info I obtained about the owner was that he just allowed a friend to install it in his building site and friend is gone now!

          I anticipate a new digi will be operation by end of this month on the same mountain(10,500') but at a different building site. There has been a large hole in the network here w/o that site.

          I don't care who owns the active digi on that great site in NE Arizona, just that there is one and its maintained.

          Thanks again,
          Jerry - N7QVU

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
            Remember, a fully functioning digi also includes local DIRECT beacons
            of recommended FREQ objects in the area. see:
            http://aprs.org/localinfo.html

            thanks
            Bob, WB4APR