Re: [aprsisce] Need to block invalid format digi site?

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
      Tossing out the baby with the bathwater is sometimes the only solution
      you can get.

      If they were able to remotely disable the digipeater, they should have
      been able to remotely correct the error as well.

      If they made a trip up to the digipeater, there too was an opportunity
      to correct the issue.

      Sometimes people would rather just pull the plug than fix the issue.
      There's less work involved.

      It's amazing how often there are communications issues in a hobby that
      is all about communicating.

      --
      Sent from my mobile device

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
        There will still be a digipeater but that that one.

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
          There is a coordination group working on this problem. And it looks likes it
          is getting rectified. And that will mean a new functioning properly
          functioning digi. So this is really actually good news.

          Best regards,
          Fred N7FMH

        • Jerry Wyatt, n7qvu
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
            The site(GRNSAZ) was taken down mainly because the owner would not maintain it nor let anyone else. It had not been digi-ing for many months. Most everybody thought it had died, until I showed them via APRS.fi it was beaconing every 30 minutes. Info I obtained about the owner was that he just allowed a friend to install it in his building site and friend is gone now!

            I anticipate a new digi will be operation by end of this month on the same mountain(10,500') but at a different building site. There has been a large hole in the network here w/o that site.

            I don't care who owns the active digi on that great site in NE Arizona, just that there is one and its maintained.

            Thanks again,
            Jerry - N7QVU

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 13, 2013
              Remember, a fully functioning digi also includes local DIRECT beacons
              of recommended FREQ objects in the area. see:
              http://aprs.org/localinfo.html

              thanks
              Bob, WB4APR