Re: [aprsisce] settings for TT4 & Aprisce

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2013
      See also http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tt4-via-kiss, in particular the part about the Simply(KISS) port type.  Otherwise, the default <CloseCmd>s will take the TT4 out of KISS mode!

      PS.  My KJ4ERJ-1 IGate runs APRSIS32 and connects to a TT4 as KJ4ERJ-7.  You might also want to read about the telemetry setup at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tt4-telemetry

      On 6/11/2013 11:21 AM, Rob Giuliano wrote:
      Assuming you have the GPS connected to the B-port of the TT4 and the A-port is going to the computer:

        AMODE KISS
        ABAUD 19200
        BMODE GPS
        BBAUD 4800        (match your GPS)
        GKRELAY 1         (or any value > 0)
        GRELAYBITS 3
        GRELAYRATE 1
        PKICOM TRUE
        PKOCOM TRUE
      The above are the key settings fro getting info to the computer.

      In APRSISce/32, make sure that
       >Configure >Ports >GPS/NMEA is checked
      This will allow APRSISce/32 to see the GPS data.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2013
        Oops, thought I had the wiki referenced right at the top.
        That is the MOST important part - referencing the WIKI with the actual port setup.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        See also http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tt4-via-kiss, in particular the part about the Simply(KISS) port type.  Otherwise, the default <CloseCmd>s will take the TT4 out of KISS mode! Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32 PS.  My KJ4ERJ-1 IGate runs APRSIS32 and connects to a TT4 as KJ4ERJ-7.  You might also want to read about the telemetry setup at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tt4-telemetry On 6/11/2013 11:21 AM, Rob Giuliano wrote:
        Assuming you have the GPS connected to the B-port of the TT4 and the A-port is going to the computer:

          AMODE KISS
          ABAUD 19200
          BMODE GPS
          BBAUD 4800        (match your GPS)
          GKRELAY 1         (or any value > 0)
          GRELAYBITS 3
          GRELAYRATE 1
          PKICOM TRUE
          PKOCOM TRUE
        The above are the key settings fro getting info to the computer.

        In APRSISce/32, make sure that
         >Configure >Ports >GPS/NMEA is checked
        This will allow APRSISce/32 to see the GPS data.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO
        I have finished building a TT4 now I would like to hook it to my computer. I want to be able to see myself as well as other Aprs stations while going down the road. I did a search and didn't fine what I need would someone who has hooked their computer, radio, TT4 up and is doing what I would like to do please tell me what settings I need to do to the TT4 and the APRSIS program. Thanks LARRY KB8EMD
      • kb8emd
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2013
          Thanks I now have a place to start I like to know the "why" of things so I'll read about all you guys have told me I may get smarter yet.
          old people like old dogs are hard to train.
          and I'm old feeling older everyday.
          Larry

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2013
            Grandma always told me - "Age just comes with time."

            She lived to be 101 years of age (time)!

            Robert Giuliano
            KB8RCO

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 11, 2013
              A wise woman your Grandmother not trying to top you but my Grandmother lived to 103, her husband my Grandfather only made it to 40.
              Larry KB8EMD