Re: [aprsisce] Re: APRISI32 on Internet not showing up.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 10, 2013
      On 6/10/2013 1:15 PM, Jess wrote:
      > OK That explains that. the -14 rig is RF only and not connected to the internet where the -10 is internet only.
      >
      > So for the -10 internet only computer to be seen by RF only rigs I'd Have to specifically tell it to send the beacon through the Is servers and out over the Rf waves via the nearest IGate?

      Nope. There is NOTHING an APRS-IS-only client can do to "force" an
      IGate to put it's packets onto RF. Consider the licensing ramifications
      of that...

      However, if an APRS-IS-only station sends a message to an RF station,
      and there is a properly configured IGate that has recently heard that
      station locally on RF, then the message should be gated from -IS to RF
      AND your next position update should also be transmitted as a "courtesy"
      posit as described at http://www.aprs-is.net/IGating.aspx which says (in
      part):