Study of APRS support for tracking of foot traffic in Walpole MSS

  • Don Rolph
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2013
    Over the last two weeks we have been testing the ability of APRS and APRSISCE to support tracking of off road foot traffic in the Walpole Massachusetts area.  Walpole is noted for a reasonable amount of off road country with typically rolling hilly terrain and, during the summer, heavy foliage.

    The attached PowerPoint documents our learnings so far.

    The equipment used is:

    1) Kenwood TH-D72A
    2) Kenwood TM-D710A
    3) AvMAP Geosat 6 APRS GPS unit
    4) Garmin GPSMAP-60CSx hand held GPS unit
    5) APRS Igate using APRSICE software
    6) aprs.fi web site

    Thoughts/comments welcome!

    73,