Transmit Port AGWPE

  • Hasan Schiers
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013
      Hello all, new to the group and software.

      I'm running agwpe which supervises 3 ports, 1=UISS TNC, 2=APRS TNC,
      3=Packet Cluster. From a cursory reading of some of the docs it appears
      that aprsis32 will only allow transmitting on one port, that being the
      first agwpe port, which in my case would be UISS on the Space Station
      frequency.

      If that's the case, I think I'll just use aprsis32 on the aprs server
      side, because all my other software is configured to use the ports as
      currently configured. I have UI-View32 AGWTracker, UISS (for Space
      Station), etc. This will give me a chance to get a feel for the software.

      One other question: is there a way to monitor the incoming RF packets in
      a window? I guessed it might be a log window of some sort, as I don't
      see a "monitoring window" as such.

      One other question: is there a way to change the font of the displayed
      calls on the map? I have the opacity as low as possible and still have
      trouble reading the call signs. Bolding would help, and increasing the
      size as well.

      Lastly, for now: is there a way to send a filter command (range filter)
      to the internet server so I can get more than the default range that is
      displayed? Right now I have a lot more visible on the map than I am
      receiving reports from.

      TIA, 73

      ..hasan, N0AN
    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013
        >Is there a way to monitor the incoming RF packets in
        > a window?

        AGWMonitor works well.  It puts up a tab for each device, and a combo tab.

        > is there a way to change the font of the displayed
        > calls on the map?
        If it is possible, the APRSIS32 wiki should have it.

        > is there a way to send a filter command (range filter)
        > to the internet server so I can get more than the default
        > range that is displayed

        In the menu at ">Configure >General" (where you put in a callsign) has the IS filter "Add Filter".  This may require a pascode (see wiki if you don't have one).

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO