identifying and filtering DX stations

  • iw2ejh
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2013
      In the past, I use to receive randomly some packets from long distance stations. These stations usually were in the direction of my antenna, and I receive them probably due to a meteo scatter, or similar activities.

      Now I see in my log, that I receive packets from some stations that seems to be in the HP band, (while I'm in the VHF) so I suspect someone may be repeating and gating these stations in VHF, and APRSIS32 assume they are Direct RF and display these stations on my DX list.

      Am I misssing something in the configuration or do I really receive these stations on VFH?

      And if they are cross-gated by someone, do we have a way to only report directly listened DX station?

      My igate is IW2EJH-3

      Thanks