Re: wxnow.txt failed update prevents other objects being sent

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2013
      The way I'm doing it is I have set up an APRS-IS Port and then have Cumulus send the weather reports directly to that.

      There was a bug in Cumulus that prevented the weather object propagating on the network but that was corrected yesterday afternoon (Steve the Cumulus author is almost as fast as Lynn!)

      Julian, G4ILO

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "mm1ptt" <chris.mm1ptt@...> wrote:

      > When Cumulus loses contact with my weather station it stops updating the wxnow.txt and APRSIS32 recognizes that the file hasn't changed so stops sending my WX object. But when this happens it also stops transmitting my other objects too. Is there a setting I've missed to prevent that happening?
      >
      > To get the weather station to reconnect with the computer I need unplug the USB cable and take out the batteries. Which is not always possible as my station is normally run unattended. To get APRSIS32 to send my repeater objects without an updated wxnow.txt file I remotely log in and disable the weather the object.
      >
      > Chris
      > MM1PTT/MB7UCM

    • KEITH BOYER
      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2013
        Julian,

        Is there an update for Cumulus for this bug?

        Keith Boyer N4TRN
        Orange County ARES
        AEC Assistance Manager Skywarn Orange County
        www.w4mco.org

        --

      • g4ilo
        Message 3 of 5 , May 25, 2013