Re: [aprsisce] Re: setting "view" option

    Message 1 of 24 , May 23, 2013
      There is a feature (bug) wherein the program doesn't save the current
      window settings if you close it while the main window is maximized. Do
      you run the application this way or in a sized window?

      Message 2 of 24 , May 23, 2013
        That is the bug I was hinting at below. I just do the workaround since my screen is almost always full size.

        Message 3 of 24 , May 23, 2013
          Er, feature! ;)

          That is the bug I was hinting at below. I just do the workaround since my screen is almost always full size.

          There is a feature (bug) wherein the program doesn't save the current
          window settings if you close it while the main window is maximized. Do
          you run the application this way or in a sized window?

          On 5/23/2013 3:56 PM, kb8emd wrote:
          > You know Fred it isn't a big deal I can live with opening view and clicking all because other wise it seems to be one great program
          > one I hope to be able to use later on when My TT4 arrives and I'm on the air full time
          > Thanks to all for their replies if a solution comes up and I see it I may revisit the subject for now open click view all enjoy the show
          > Larry KB8EMD
          > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hillhouse" <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:
          >> This topic was covered some time ago as well. I believe the outcome was that
          >> the "view" doesn't always stick. I do know for some it isn't an issue. I
          >> also know the issue is independent of OS. Lynn has said he would look at it
          >> when he gets back to adding and editing some feature.
          >>
          >> APRSIS32 running on my WebDT is always used full screen. I have always had
          >> to do the option view, etc. Oddly enough, recently it has started up working
          >> correctly. Why? That is an exceptional question. I did do something I almost
          >> never do. I took the USB stick that APRSIS32 resides and runs from and
          >> plugged it into my desktop PC. The purpose was to run it there and get a few
          >> more tiles. I did this at max display. Ever since I put it back into the
          >> WebDT, the view has worked. Why? That is still an exceptional question. I
          >> figure it is working so if possible I will leave it alone.
          >>
          >> Work arounds for the issue is to always take application out of max screen
          >> (double tap application bar) and then shutdown. This way upon restart a
          >> simple double tap on the bar again brings it back to max screen. Or just go
          >> to options, view, etc. Either one is pretty simple.
          >>
          >> Anyway, sometimes we stumble on something that works. And that is good. :)
          >>
          >> Best regards,
          >> Fred, N7FMH

        • kb8emd
          Message 4 of 24 , May 23, 2013
            Lynn KJ4ERJ
            you sir have written one great program
            I tried minimizing APRSIS I exited the program and upon starting, it opened maximized with "view all" checked and displaying calls.
            I did this several times with same results.
            I then exited with the program maximized, upon opening "view none" was checked and no calls except mine was displayed.
            so it's either minimized before exiting or exit and check "view all" upon opening.
            I'm sure you have more pressing things to do concerning this great
            program than trying to find a bug that is easy to work around.
            thanks
            Larry KB8EMD