Re: Cumulus weather packets

  • ae5pl
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2013
      Per www.aprs-is.net: clients directly injecting packets into APRS-IS (or CWOP, for that matter) many -only- use TCPIP* as a path. This has been true since day one. The -server- will replace TCPIP* with TCPXX* for unverified connections and all APRS-IS servers will not pass packets with TCPXX in the path. Please let the Cumulus software author know they should only use TCPIP* as a path regardless of whether they are using a valid passcode or not. It is the server's job to determine the validity of the passcode.

      Hope this helps.

      73,

      Pete AE5PL

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

      > Here is a snippet of conversation captured from the log of my IS-Server:
      >
      > Port(IS-SRVR):2013-05-23T12:50:01.199 TCP-Listener accepted connection 0/16 from 127.0.0.1:1462 Filter()
      > Port(IS-SRVR):2013-05-23T12:50:01.199 Processing(user G4ILO-5 pass ***** vers Cumulus 1.9.3)
      > Port(IS-SRVR):2013-05-23T12:50:01.199 [0] G4ILO-5 Verified Filter(*NULL*) (user G4ILO-5 pass ***** vers Cumulus 1.9.3)
      > Port(IS-SRVR):2013-05-23T12:50:04.199 Processing(G4ILO-5>APRS,TCPXX*:@231250z5439.60N/00322.67W_326/002g008t057r000p000P000h58b10154eCumulusFOs)
      > Port(IS-SRVR):2013-05-23T12:50:04.199 qAC'd(G4ILO-5>APRS,TCPXX*,qAC,G4ILO-2:@231250z5439.60N/00322.67W_326/002g008t057r000p000P000h58b10154eCumulusFOs)
      > Port(IS-SRVR):2013-05-23T12:50:07.199 Received 0 bytes, disconnecting 0
      >
      > The G4ILO-5 is displayed on the map but it never shows up on aprs.fi. If I send from Cumulus to an aprs2.net server it doesn't show up either. This leads me to suspect there is something wrong with the packet. If it were my program I'd try taking out the TCPXX* because I have scripts that send objects to the network that don't have that and they are accepted by the system.
      >
      > The author of Cumulus says he doesn't know much about APRS but other people upload to CWOP using the program.
      >
      > Julian, G4ILO

    • g4ilo
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2013
        It did and the author is now aware of this.

        Thanks, Pete.

        Julian, G4ILO