Re: [aprsisce] Re: KPC3+ Problems

    Message 1 of 12 , May 21, 2013
      On 5/21/2013 6:29 PM, w6csp_1 wrote:
      What is the function of "<OpenCmd>^M~</OpenCmd>" and "!!0" after each of the the last four commands?

      The ^M! will transmit a carriage return (Control-M, ASCII 13), suppressing the default <CR> command terminator (indicated by the ~) and will wait for the default cmd: response.

      The !!0 in a way of specifying that no response should be checked for and to wait zero seconds for that non-response.

      The full format of an <Open/CloseCmd> is:

      Output!Response!Timeout!Text

      where the default expected response is cmd: and the default timeout is 1 second and Text may be used in the future.  You'll find this described at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:openclosecmd

      Also, is there a particular reason to use "<CloseCmd>^192^255^192~!!0</CloseCmd>; <CloseCmd>^C^C^C~!!0</CloseCmd>" instead of just reversing the last two open commands? is "<CloseCmd>INT TERM!!0</CloseCmd>; <CloseCmd>RESET!!0</CloseCmd>"

      Typically once a TNC is in KISS mode, it will ignore normal text and can only be broken out of KISS with special characters.  The 192/255/192 sequence is one exit KISS command and some TNCs want three rapid-fire Control-Cs.  In this case, apparently you're firing both for redundancy.  But it's quite likely that the TNC would just ignore an "INT TERM" while in KISS mode.

    • w6csp_1
      Message 2 of 12 , May 21, 2013

        Thank you.

        I do recall reading about this when I was going over the documentation to try and determine how to set up the KPC3, but I guess it didn't sink in well enough.

        By the way, are there any issues with having both a RF and IP port open at the same time?  I noticed the thread earlier today about two RF ports being open in the same instance of APRSIS can have issues.

        Thanks again,

        Ralph - W6CSP

        Message 3 of 12 , May 21, 2013
          On 5/21/2013 7:41 PM, w6csp_1 wrote:
          By the way, are there any issues with having both a RF and IP port open at the same time?  I noticed the thread earlier today about two RF ports being open in the same instance of APRSIS can have issues.

          An APRSISCE/32 instance with both an RF and and -IS port active is the definition of an IGate.  By all means, there's no issues with that configuration!

        • Kevin Bosworth
          Message 4 of 12 , May 23, 2013
            The settings for the KPC-3 are on the Aprsisce Wiki page.

            Why are you doing Ui-View and Aprsisce at the same time? Or are you just switching between the two. Just dump Ui-View and go full on Aprsisce.

            Kevin
            W7BOZ

            Amateur Radio Operator - W7BOZ

            APRS - http://aprs.fi/?call=w7boz

            Web Site - http://www.qsl.net/w7boz

            CCARES - Cache County Amateur Radio Emergency Services

            Repeater 449.300- 103.5 - IRLP-7576 - Echolink-558836

            http://stn7576.ip.irlp.net:15426/w7boz/index9.html

            Yahoo Group Owner of Electronics_Wanted

            Yahoo Group Owner of Cache Amateur Digital Society
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CacheAmateurDigitalSociety/

            Kevin Bosworth - w7boz@...