APRSISCE vs Baofeng UV-3R

  • kevin_kleinfelter
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2013
      I connected APRSISCE, a TNC-X, and a Baofeng UV-3R. They play well together for RF-receive and RF-to-Internet.

      When I enable Xmit Enable, after a while the red transmit LED on the UV-3R goes on and stays on. Curiously, the red transmit LED on the TNC is *not* on.

      When in this state, the only ways to bring it back to normal are to unplug the cable between the TNC and the UV-3R (always works) or to power off the TNC (sometimes works).

      Any suggestions?
      TNX DE K4KPK / Kevin
    • Don Rolph

        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2013
          I lowered the output power, moved the HT away from the TNC, and it still got stuck on transmit.
          Then I added a choke to the end of the cable nearest the HT.  That fixed it.
          TNX
          Kevin/K4KPK

          On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Don Rolph <don.rolph@...> wrote:

          The TNC-X is sensitive to RF fields.  I have the same problem when I use my FT-817ND.  Lower the output power to perhaps 1 watt and see if the issue improves.

          Also try using an external antenna and see if the issue resolves.

        • Greg Ames

            Message 5 of 5 , May 19, 2013
              Hi Kevin,

              I see you have solved your problem. I seem to remember a mod to
              cure the problem that was adding 1 or 2 caps to bypass the PTT
              transistor on the TNC-X. If you have more problems, contact John
              at Coastal Chip Works.
              <http://tnc-x.com/>

              73
              Mike kc9doa