2 TNC's Can it work?

  • Jeremy
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2013
      Hi All,

      I would like to set up the home APRS to run a Kantronics TNC on 2M and then an SCS Tracker running RPR on 30 Meters. Is this feasible? Has anyone done something similar?

      Thanks,

      73
      Jeremy N1ZZZ
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2013

        I do a similar thing, but use 2 instances as APRSIS32  does not do dual port very well at the moment (it’s on the todo list)

        Steve Daniels

        Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

        Torbay Freecycle  Owner

        Message 3 of 4 , May 16, 2013
          Yes. I highly recommend running one instance per RF port with unique
          -SSIDs for each instance.

          While you CAN configure multiple RF ports in a single instance, there
          are some sub-optimal things that may occur. See the following thread in
          Yahoo groups:

          which says:

          On 5/16/2013 12:50 PM, Jeremy wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > I would like to set up the home APRS to run a Kantronics TNC on 2M and then an SCS Tracker running RPR on 30 Meters. Is this feasible? Has anyone done something similar?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > 73
          > Jeremy N1ZZZ

        • Jeremy
          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2013
            Thanks for the responses.

            I will run two instances and see how it works out.