RE: [aprsisce] Dire Wolf

    Message 1 of 7 , May 15, 2013

      300 baud is used for HF APRS like NET14, I am experimenting with PSK63 for that now. AS straight APRS is not great on HF.

      Mind balloons here use 50 baud RTTY seems to me they would benefit from PSK as well.

      That said APRS in general could do with some form of FEC.

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 2 of 7 , May 16, 2013
        " ... with any luck I'll be able to hear a test tones in earphones."

        Is there a method to generate test tones? I can do it with the KPC and OT2/3
        for setting the radio deviation but I am not seeing how to do this in Dire
        Wolf.

        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 7 , May 16, 2013
          " ... with any luck I'll be able to hear a test tones in earphones."

          Is there a method to generate test tones? I can do it with the KPC
          and OT2/3
          for setting the radio deviation but I am not seeing how to do this
          in Dire
          Wolf.

          Found it! -x is a command line option.

          Thanks!