RE: [aprsisce] Kam 9612 Init Help

  • Adam Mahnke
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13 4:47 PM
      The TNC has to get locked into KISS mode. As I recall it would keep reverting back to some other mode that wouldn't support APRSIS32 operating it.

      I don't remember exactly how to do that part.

      After that I set up the following port.

      <!--RFPort[0]-->
      <RFPort Name="144.390MHz">
      <Protocol>KISS</Protocol>
      <Device>COM1:9600,N,8,1</Device>
      <RfBaud>1200</RfBaud>
      <OpenCmd>~!!0</OpenCmd>
      <CloseCmd>~!!0</CloseCmd>
      <QuietTime>0</QuietTime>
      <Enabled>1</Enabled>
      <XmitEnabled>1</XmitEnabled>
      <ProvidesNMEA>0</ProvidesNMEA>
      <RFtoISEnabled>1</RFtoISEnabled>
      <IStoRFEnabled>1</IStoRFEnabled>
      <MyCallNot3rd>0</MyCallNot3rd>
      <BeaconingEnabled>1</BeaconingEnabled>
      <BeaconPath></BeaconPath>
      <BulletinObjectEnabled>1</BulletinObjectEnabled>
      <DXEnabled>1</DXEnabled>
      <DXPath>RFONLY</DXPath>
      <MessagesEnabled>1</MessagesEnabled>
      <MessagePath></MessagePath>
      <TelemetryEnabled>0</TelemetryEnabled>
      <TelemetryPath></TelemetryPath>
      <!--DigiXform-->
      </RFPort>
      <!--RFPort[0]-->

      This set up has been up and running for a long time with APRSIS32 driving a 9612 in KISS Mode.

      Good luck,
      Adam
      KC2ANT

      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: jcaoy@...
      Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 23:41:33 +0000
      Subject: [aprsisce] Kam 9612 Init Help

      Hi All,

      I am trying to get APRSISCE32 to work with my KAM 9612. I tried modifying the XML file with the KPC script but that didn't work.

      The program says that it finds the TNC, but it won't read any packets from it, and it won't transmit any packets. I have it enabled and the "receive only" unchecked. I know that the baud rate is proper, and in a dumb terminal it says that it is in KISS mode.

      I tried this on 2 computers, 1 with a native COM port, and also tried it with my KAM 98 with the same results.

      Search results for this TNC in both this group and the Wiki aren't helping.

      Anyone get a KAM 9612 to work with this?

      Any help would be appreciated.

      73
      Jeremy N1ZZZ

    • Jeremy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13 6:50 PM
        Thanks for your help Adam,

        I got it working after fixing the script. Here is the whole thing that takes it from Terminal mode, puts it into KISS and then back to Terminal mode: (Of course the name and COM port will vary)

        <!--RFPort[0]-->
        <RFPort Name="KAM">
        <Protocol>KISS</Protocol>
        <Device>COM4:9600,N,8,1</Device>
        <RfBaud>1200</RfBaud>
        <OpenCmd>^M~</OpenCmd>
        <OpenCmd>^M~</OpenCmd>
        <OpenCmd>XFLOW ON!!0</OpenCmd>
        <OpenCmd>FULLDUP OFF!!0</OpenCmd>
        <OpenCmd>INT KISS!!0</OpenCmd>
        <OpenCmd>RESET!!0</OpenCmd>
        <CloseCmd>^192^255^192~!!0</CloseCmd>
        <CloseCmd>^C^C^C~!!0</CloseCmd>
        <CloseCmd>TC 1!TS 1</CloseCmd>
        <CloseCmd>TN 2,0!TN 2,0</CloseCmd>
        <QuietTime>0</QuietTime>
        <Enabled>1</Enabled>
        <XmitEnabled>1</XmitEnabled>
        <ProvidesNMEA>0</ProvidesNMEA>
        <RFtoISEnabled>1</RFtoISEnabled>
        <IStoRFEnabled>1</IStoRFEnabled>
        <MyCallNot3rd>0</MyCallNot3rd>
        <BeaconingEnabled>1</BeaconingEnabled>
        <BeaconPath></BeaconPath>
        <BulletinObjectEnabled>0</BulletinObjectEnabled>
        <DXEnabled>0</DXEnabled>
        <DXPath></DXPath>