OT D700

    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2013

      Anyone with a D700 able to help?

      I have a local user with one, who keeps sending out a very wrong position. Almost 400km from where he actually is.

      Is there some sort of default location setting or other possible miss configruation that I could ask him to check

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

    • Robert Bruninga
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2013

        When you disable GPS input, then it outputs its stored position.  Maybe that is it.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2013

          Have passed that along, so hopefully they will get sorted. thanks

          Message 4 of 8 , May 9, 2013
            Does this person have a computer, internet access, email, and the
            ability to type? Get him/her to send me an email.

            --
            Sent from my mobile device

          • k7tye
            Message 5 of 8 , May 10, 2013
              Good morning,

              I would check to make sure that position ambiguity is turned off. I made the mistake of turning it on once and it truncates the position coordinates depending on the setting making the position imprecise.

              Sean, K7TYE

              Message 6 of 8 , May 10, 2013

                I doubt it’s that as he is showing extremely off location. Something like 400Km, off the coast of Scotland where he is actually in Plymouth South West England

                href="http://aprsisce.wikidot.com">http://aprsisce.wikidot.com

                Message 7 of 8 , May 10, 2013
                  If you gave us a callsign, we could at least start looking at the
                  packets even if we can't communicate with this individual.

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 10, 2013

                    Sure he is not on at the moment, and I have told him he needs to change his path settings.

                    2E0PSV