CubeBug

    Message 1 of 5 , May 8 4:52 PM

      The Argentine CubeBug-1 is a 2U CubeSat (10x10x20cm) and has an AX.25 packet radio digipeater.

      It operates  on 437.445 MHz using 1200 bps AX.25 AFSK FM packet radio, callsign LU1VZ-11. Depending on the mode of the satellite the beacons will be transmitted every 10 to 30 seconds.

      Further details at http://amsat-uk.org/satellites/cubebug-1/

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

          Message 4 of 5 , May 8 11:02 PM
            At 09:11 PM 2013-05-08, Robert Bruninga wrote:

            Most radios default to 25 KHz steps on UHF, but just find the menu item for step size and change it to 5 KHz and you can tune much closer.

            Thanks.  I did such on my Kenwood D710.  Was listening on 437.440 and didn't hear anything at all.  Squelch set to just above the static.

            I'll leave UISS running for at least 12 hours and see if it decodes anything.

            Tony
            Message 5 of 5 , May 9 7:13 AM

              No not copied myself, but not yet tried, I have passes later today so will have a listen