Re: [aprsisce] KWD710(APRS) mode

  • adam_kc2ant
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2013
      Hmm.

      I don't remember doing that.

      I know that my D710 appears to work in native APRS mode as long as aprsis32 is only transmitting messages, not beacons.

      I can send my D710 port info from my xml file with what i'm running if you like. I don't recall editing it.

      I did attempt to run the D710 in aprs mode, but receive only with aprsis32 controlling beacons, but the TNC seems unhappy with that so I have stopped using it that way.

      I know that my aprsis32 takes a long time to start pulling GPS data through the port, but I've never had the radio need to be cycled.

      Adam
      KC2ANT

      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2013
        On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM, <kc2ant@...> wrote:

        > I know that my D710 appears to work in native APRS mode as long as
        > aprsis32 is only transmitting messages, not beacons.

        That would be interesting to see, I've been trying to figure out that
        magic incantation for a long time.

        I had to fight again while chasing a balloon. My port stopped relaying
        GPS data, and I ended up making a NMEA port, but both the D710 and
        NMEA port were pointed at COM4, which shouldn't work, but I got packet
        data, and GPS data at the same time...

        > I can send my D710 port info from my xml file with what i'm running if you
        > like. I don't recall editing it.
        >
        > I did attempt to run the D710 in aprs mode, but receive only with aprsis32
        > controlling beacons, but the TNC seems unhappy with that so I have stopped
        > using it that way.
        >
        > I know that my aprsis32 takes a long time to start pulling GPS data
        > through the port, but I've never had the radio need to be cycled.

        I just can't figure out what the program is doing in the background...
        there's stuff happening that screws things up, but I don't know what
        is going on. It's probably because I don't speak Floridian dialect...