Re: [aprsisce] Re: TINY 2 Setup

    Message 1 of 15 , May 5, 2013
      On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM, kb8emd <larrylb@...> wrote:

      > I received a new correct chip and I can use the CMD command to change mycall what
      > I am thinking if I hook my laptop to the TNC just using a gender changer and I want to
      > watch maps on my laptop while mobile running say aprsis32 that the radio may try to
      > transmit into my laptop on the wrong pin and mess something up I would like any info
      > about that in the mean time I will keep digging

      If you can type commands to the TNC and see the results, then your
      data communications connections to the TNC are working. It sounds like
      whoever manufactured the TNC screwed up and put the wrong connector on
      for the port type. Kenwood did that with the D700.

      Whatever the case may be, if you can type and it responds, it's working.

      The radio will never transmit into your computer though. The radio
      transmits out the antenna port, and unless you connect the antenna
      port to your computer somehow, that won't happen.

      The only transmitting into your computer should be from the TNC, and
      if you swap pins there, you won't blow anything up.

    • kb8emd
      Message 2 of 15 , May 10, 2013
        Thanks I get a null modem cable before hooking back up and see if I can get my PacComm Tiny-2 (not mk2) to work.
        Larry KB8EMD