Remote access

  • Steinar Aanesland
    Message 1 of 15 , May 4, 2013
      Hi all

      Is there a way to remote access my aprsis32 installation from another PC ?

      What I would like to do is as follow:
      I have my SCS PTC-IIusb set up in KISS and robust mode, then I am using
      aprsis32 in KISS talking APRS on the robust packet net on 10.147,300
      USB. I am now able to use remote desktop to run this installation from
      another PC , but is it possible to content through aprsis32 direct?
      Something like this:

      Radio<=>[SCS PTC-IIusb]<=>[aprsis32 PC "server"]<==TCP/IP===>[aprsis32
      PC "client"]

      --
      LA5VNA Steinar
      loc:JO59jq

        Message 3 of 15 , May 4, 2013
          Don , Yes and that is what I am using but that is not what I want.

          LA5VNA Steinar
          loc:JO59jq

          Den 04.05.2013 15:24, skrev Don Rolph:
          > Any of the remote desktop software solutions should work. Microsoft's RDT
          > would work.
          >

          > On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...>wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Hi all
          >>
          >> Is there a way to remote access my aprsis32 installation from another PC ?
          >>
          >> What I would like to do is as follow:
          >> I have my SCS PTC-IIusb set up in KISS and robust mode, then I am using
          >> aprsis32 in KISS talking APRS on the robust packet net on 10.147,300
          >> USB. I am now able to use remote desktop to run this installation from
          >> another PC , but is it possible to content through aprsis32 direct?
          >> Something like this:
          >>
          >> Radio<=>[SCS PTC-IIusb]<=>[aprsis32 PC "server"]<==TCP/IP===>[aprsis32
          >> PC "client"]
          >>
          >> --
          >> LA5VNA Steinar
          >> loc:JO59jq

        • Steinar Aanesland
          Message 4 of 15 , May 4, 2013
            Is it possible to use the "local server" option in some way?

            LA5VNA Steinar
            loc:JO59jq

            Den 04.05.2013 15:41, skrev Steinar Aanesland:
            > Don , Yes and that is what I am using but that is not what I want.
            >
            > LA5VNA Steinar
            > loc:JO59jq
            >

            > Den 04.05.2013 15:24, skrev Don Rolph:
            >> Any of the remote desktop software solutions should work. Microsoft's RDT
            >> would work.
            >>

            >> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...>wrote:
            >>
            >>> **
            >>>

            >>> Hi all
            >>>
            >>> Is there a way to remote access my aprsis32 installation from another PC ?
            >>>
            >>> What I would like to do is as follow:
            >>> I have my SCS PTC-IIusb set up in KISS and robust mode, then I am using
            >>> aprsis32 in KISS talking APRS on the robust packet net on 10.147,300
            >>> USB. I am now able to use remote desktop to run this installation from
            >>> another PC , but is it possible to content through aprsis32 direct?
            >>> Something like this:
            >>>
            >>> Radio<=>[SCS PTC-IIusb]<=>[aprsis32 PC "server"]<==TCP/IP===>[aprsis32
            >>> PC "client"]
            >>>
            >>> --
            >>> LA5VNA Steinar
            >>> loc:JO59jq

          • Don Rolph
            Message 5 of 15 , May 4, 2013
              Leading to the question of what do you want then??

              On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...> wrote:

              Don , Yes and that is what I am using but that is not what I want.

              LA5VNA Steinar
              loc:JO59jq

              Den 04.05.2013 15:24, skrev Don Rolph:

              > Any of the remote desktop software solutions should work. Microsoft's RDT
              > would work.
              >

              > On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...>wrote:
              >
              >> **

              >> Hi all
              >>
              >> Is there a way to remote access my aprsis32 installation from another PC ?
              >>
              >> What I would like to do is as follow:
              >> I have my SCS PTC-IIusb set up in KISS and robust mode, then I am using
              >> aprsis32 in KISS talking APRS on the robust packet net on 10.147,300
              >> USB. I am now able to use remote desktop to run this installation from
              >> another PC , but is it possible to content through aprsis32 direct?
              >> Something like this:
              >>
              >> Radio<=>[SCS PTC-IIusb]<=>[aprsis32 PC "server"]<==TCP/IP===>[aprsis32
              >> PC "client"]
              >>
              >> --
              >> LA5VNA Steinar
              >> loc:JO59jq

            • Steinar Aanesland
              Message 6 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                That I have tried to explain, but probably in a very Norwegian way. I
                want to have a standalone instance of aprsis32 on my laptop and I want
                to be able to connect to my APRS aprsis32 installation on my other PC.
                My goal is to connect to the APSR net through my "APRS aprsis32 HF PC " .

                Well , this is the best I can do to explain

                LA5VNA Steinar
                loc:JO59jq

                Den 04.05.2013 15:50, skrev Don Rolph:
                > Leading to the question of what do you want then??
                >

                > On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...>wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Don , Yes and that is what I am using but that is not what I want.
                >>
                >> LA5VNA Steinar
                >> loc:JO59jq
                >>
                >> Den 04.05.2013 15:24, skrev Don Rolph:
                >>
                >>> Any of the remote desktop software solutions should work. Microsoft's RDT
                >>> would work.

                >> PC ?

              • Broncus
                Message 7 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                  You can create a server port on an instance connected to a radio, the internet, etc. I will call this instance your server.

                  From another instance (client), connect to the server. Now the data will be on the client as well. you can receive the data from the first instance. The client will need a different SSID.

                  You cannot control the server from the client.

                  http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/port-configuration
                  http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/is-server-port

                  Is it possible to use the "local server" option in some way?

                  LA5VNA Steinar
                  loc:JO59jq

                  Den 04.05.2013 15:41, skrev Steinar Aanesland:

                  > Don , Yes and that is what I am using but that is not what I want.
                  >
                  > LA5VNA Steinar
                  > loc:JO59jq
                  >

                  > Den 04.05.2013 15:24, skrev Don Rolph:
                  >> Any of the remote desktop software solutions should work. Microsoft's RDT
                  >> would work.
                  >>

                  >> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...>wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> **
                  >>>

                  >>> Hi all
                  >>>
                  >>> Is there a way to remote access my aprsis32 installation from another PC ?
                  >>>
                  >>> What I would like to do is as follow:
                  >>> I have my SCS PTC-IIusb set up in KISS and robust mode, then I am using
                  >>> aprsis32 in KISS talking APRS on the robust packet net on 10.147,300
                  >>> USB. I am now able to use remote desktop to run this installation from
                  >>> another PC , but is it possible to content through aprsis32 direct?
                  >>> Something like this:
                  >>>
                  >>> Radio<=>[SCS PTC-IIusb]<=>[aprsis32 PC "server"]<==TCP/IP===>[aprsis32
                  >>> PC "client"]
                  >>>
                  >>> --
                  >>> LA5VNA Steinar
                  >>> loc:JO59jq

                • Steinar Aanesland
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                    aha, thanks Fred . That explain :)

                    LA5VNA Steinar
                    loc:JO59jq

                    Den 04.05.2013 16:03, skrev fmhillhouse@...:
                    > You can create a server port on an instance connected to a radio, the internet, etc. I will call this instance your server.
                    >
                    >>From another instance (client), connect to the server. Now the data will be on the client as well. you can receive the data from the first instance. The client will need a different SSID.
                    >
                    > You cannot control the server from the client.
                    >
                    > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/port-configuration
                    > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/is-server-port
                    >

                    > Best regards,
                    > Fred, N7FMH

                  • Don Rolph
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                      My apologies for my misunderstanding

                      73,
                      AB1PH
                      Don Rolph

                      On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...> wrote:

                      That I have tried to explain, but probably in a very Norwegian way. I
                      want to have a standalone instance of aprsis32 on my laptop and I want
                      to be able to connect to my APRS aprsis32 installation on my other PC.
                      My goal is to connect to the APSR net through my "APRS aprsis32 HF PC " .

                      Well , this is the best I can do to explain

                      LA5VNA Steinar
                      loc:JO59jq

                      Den 04.05.2013 15:50, skrev Don Rolph:

                      > Leading to the question of what do you want then??
                      >

                      > On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...>wrote:
                      >
                      >> **

                      >> Don , Yes and that is what I am using but that is not what I want.
                      >>
                      >> LA5VNA Steinar
                      >> loc:JO59jq
                      >>
                      >> Den 04.05.2013 15:24, skrev Don Rolph:
                      >>
                      >>> Any of the remote desktop software solutions should work. Microsoft's RDT
                      >>> would work.

                      >> PC ?

                    • Steinar Aanesland
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                        No problem, my English is not very good ;)

                        LA5VNA Steinar
                        loc:JO59jq

                      • Don Rolph
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                          It is actually quite good:  I jumped to some conclusions.

                          I am poking deeper based upon previous posts:  this is an interesting space you are inquiring about.

                          73,
                          AB1PH
                          Don Rolph

                        • Broncus
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                            And our Norwegian is non-existent. :)

                            No problem, my English is not very good ;)

                            LA5VNA Steinar
                            loc:JO59jq

                            Den 04.05.2013 16:11, skrev Don Rolph:

                            > My apologies for my misunderstanding
                            >
                            > 73,
                            > AB1PH
                            > Don Rolph
                            >

                            > On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...>wrote:
                            >
                            >> **
                            >>

                            >> That I have tried to explain, but probably in a very Norwegian way. I
                            >> want to have a standalone instance of aprsis32 on my laptop and I want
                            >> to be able to connect to my APRS aprsis32 installation on my other PC.
                            >> My goal is to connect to the APSR net through my "APRS aprsis32 HF PC " .
                            >>
                            >> Well , this is the best I can do to explain
                            >>
                            >> LA5VNA Steinar
                            >> loc:JO59jq
                            >>
                            >> Den 04.05.2013 15:50, skrev Don Rolph:
                            >>
                            >>> Leading to the question of what do you want then??

                            >> RDT

                            >> using

                          • Steinar Aanesland
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                              well, I am faking. It is "google translate" that actually doing the job ;)

                              LA5VNA Steinar
                              loc:JO59jq

                            • Broncus
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 4, 2013
                                LOL! My initial comment about my knowledge of Norwegian was "my Norwegian would be only as good as google translate".

                                This is a great age with many tools to work together around the globe!

                                well, I am faking. It is "google translate" that actually doing the job ;)

                                LA5VNA Steinar
                                loc:JO59jq

                                Den 04.05.2013 16:27, skrev Don Rolph:

                                > It is actually quite good: I jumped to some conclusions.
                                >
                                > I am poking deeper based upon previous posts: this is an interesting space
                                > you are inquiring about.
                                >
                                > 73,
                                > AB1PH
                                > Don Rolph
                                >

                                > On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Steinar Aanesland <saanes@...>wrote:
                                >
                                >> **
                                >>

                                >> No problem, my English is not very good ;)
                                >>
                                >> LA5VNA Steinar
                                >> loc:JO59jq
                                >>
                                >> Den 04.05.2013 16:11, skrev Don Rolph:
                                >>
                                >>> My apologies for my misunderstanding