Waiting Commmgr

  • zl3rew
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
      Hi Lynn,
      went for a drive today.
      All was fine until I lost cell coverage. (GSM is crap around here.)
      When coverage came back APRSISCE never connected again.
      Tried turning off and on in the menu. No good.
      Turned GPRS off and on but no good.
      The only way I could connect again was to shut the program down and restart.
      ANy clues.
      Cheers,
      Robin ZL3REW
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
        That's the lockup I'm trying to uncover and fix. If it happens again,
        please try connecting with IE and then do the recoveries that you tried
        (they are all the right ones). What was the APRS OK window saying?
        Probably APRS Resolve or APRS Delay, but I need to know that.

        If you've got an area that this can be duplicated in, I'd really be
        indebted to you as I'm unable to make it hang in my testing. I saw the
        same thing in a few areas of Spain when I was over there and some folks
        in England have reported hangs as well, but we can't get it reproduced
        reliably.

        I'm actively instrumenting the code to track down delays and/or hangs
        and have found a few possible reasons, but I'm not at all sure I'm
        finding the right one.

        If you're not running the development version
        (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/development-version), you might want to
        upgrade to it as it's got some fixes in place that might resolve the
        hangs. But if you could try duplicating the hang first, it would be good.

        zl3rew wrote:
        > Hi Lynn,
        > went for a drive today.
        > All was fine until I lost cell coverage. (GSM is crap around here.)
        > When coverage came back APRSISCE never connected again.
        > Tried turning off and on in the menu. No good.
        > Turned GPRS off and on but no good.
        > The only way I could connect again was to shut the program down and restart.
        > ANy clues.
        > Cheers,
        > Robin ZL3REW

      • Robin Williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
          Hi Lynn,
          APRS Delay.

          I can load the latest version and go for a drive tomorrow if you like.

          Cheers,
          Robin.
          PS:Any logging you want enabled.

          zl3rew wrote:
          > Hi Lynn,
          > went for a drive today.
          > All was fine until I lost cell coverage. (GSM is crap around here.)
          > When coverage came back APRSISCE never connected again.
          > Tried turning off and on in the menu. No good.
          > Turned GPRS off and on but no good.
          > The only way I could connect again was to shut the program down and
          restart.
          > ANy clues.
          > Cheers,
          > Robin ZL3REW

          03:07:00
        • Colin Catlin
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2010
            Hi Lynn,

            Being one of those English folks that reported hangs, I thought you ought to know I don't seem to be getting so many these days but I am having problems with APRSISCE seemingly randomly shutting down but as always it never does it while I'm watching. It would seem to be a full blown crash since on restart it shows my position back where I last shut it down properly.

            I also seem to be getting the Bluetooth on my phone randomly turning off which only seems to be happening when running APRSISCE if I have Fugawi (for instance) running & using the Bluetooth GPS it seems fine. I know both my phone & GPS have power saving systems that turn things off automatically, so it would appear to be something triggering a 'power save'.

            Is there a Log I can look at to see what is causing the crash?

            With regard Bluetooth (and indeed WiFi), would it be possible to have a method of monitoring the state and be able to enable/disable them directly from APRSISCE in a future release?

            73,
            Colin.