APRSIS32 user

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2013
      Greetings,

      I noticed a user with a callsign of NOCALL digipeating in the Chelmsford,
      MA, USA, area (I-495/RT3).

      This has been going on for quite a few days. I have not picked up a packet
      with any sort of ID in it for this station (at least none that I can connect
      to the NOCALL station). I also listen to packets all the time and hear no ID
      of any other type that might relate to this station. I am currently thinking
      this station is not IDing at all.

      While the digipeating service is useful, it is likely your amateur radio
      license is at risk if anyone bothers to look into it. Or at least, the
      station owner will have to apologize.

      If you have a digipeater in this area, take a look and see if this is you.
      It could save you a few bucks!

      Best regards,

      ------------------------------------
      Fred Hillhouse Jr
      http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?N7FMH
      ------------------------------------
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2013
        On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

        > This has been going on for quite a few days. I have not picked up a packet
        > with any sort of ID in it for this station (at least none that I can connect
        > to the NOCALL station). I also listen to packets all the time and hear no ID
        > of any other type that might relate to this station. I am currently thinking
        > this station is not IDing at all.

        If it's a digipeater that's the issue, then it should be easy to find.
        Send packets out, and DF the source that is digipeating. You don't
        have to wait for the station to send packets, it will respond allowing
        you to DF.